Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2011 Trial Problems

Options

I am looking to replace my current internet security product with a combination of Bitdefender 2011 and Zonealarm Pro Firewall so I uninstalled the current product and installed the two new product trials last night. Both installs went well and the two products seem to interwork well. I set up some regular scans in Bitdefender 2011 and left my computer idle for 30 mins to kick off a deep scan. I went to bed and this morning when I got back to my computer I saw that Bitdefender had successfully completed a quick scan that had been scheduled for 1:00 am. So far so good. I then wanted to check the results of the deep scan that had started up a few hours before the quick scan was scheduled to run so I clicked on "View Logs". When I did that, instead of seeing the logs I got a message from Windows telling me that the history.exe process had Runtime errors. The PNG file that I've attached shows screenshots of the error message and a subsequent message from Windows about closing the application along with some error details. Bitdefender still seems to be running all right but I just can't see the logs. Also (in the same PNG) I noticed that the Bitdefender systray icon keeps saying that Bitdefender is loading when it fact the loading has stopped and the program is running. For your info, I'm running Windows 7 SP1 x64 and have multiple versions of the C++ redistributables (installed and required by my Visual Studio 2010/2008/XNA development environment). I suspect that the history.exe crash is caused by some sort C++ runtime conflict but I don't have the time or inclination to debug the problem. Please let me know what the fix is so that I can get this history.exe application crashing problem sorted out. The systray icon issue appears to be more of an annoyance rather than a functional problem but a fix for that would be nice too.

Thanks.

...Steve

post-55426-1301735378_thumb.png

Comments

• Hi Steve,

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,