Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cannot Restrict Access On Lan To My 2 Pc's Only

Options

Hope someone can help me. In our neighborhood we have about 10 residents on a LAN/WAN??? controlled by 1 resident. For connection I have a LAN modem which connects wirelessly to an aerial at resident 1. I have 2 computers running off the LAN Modem to a hub with one PC with Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit connected and the another one with XP SP3. Thinking incorrectly that I was setting up a home network, (which does not work between Win 7 & XP) in trying to get my 2 PC's to talk to one another I have permissions set on all drives of both machines setup for "everyone".. However I have discovered that now all 10 residents can see my 2 PC's. While I can see both PC's from either machine, (apparently via the LAN) in trying to change the permissions in Windows 7 & XP from "Everyone" to restrict access to the names of each of the 2 pcs only, I can only see "users and Administrator" on that particular machine only and cannot add a user/name of the other PC.

How can I stop the other residents from seeing my machine but allow me to see either of my machines from one another? I would naturally need to connect to the resident 1 for access to the internet but would not want him to have access to my files. Can this be done via BitdDefender Internet Security 2011?

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

As the new Bitdefender 2013 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2013 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

Please check out this announcement:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=42

Thank you.