Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Unable To Register Bitdefender Antivirus Scanner V7.6.4 For Unices

Options

I have just installed BitDefender Antivirus Scanner v7.6.4 for Unices on Fedora 14 (GNU/Linux 2.6.35.12-88.fc14.x86_64).

Unfortunately, BitDefender will not allow me to set my new personal license key, in order to complete product registration. When I click on the button, Set new key, I am able to input the license key into the input field, but when I click on Set, the program does save the information. Thus, under Registration Information next to Key it says unknown.

Please help me register the product.

Thank you.

Comments

• Fender Strat
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Correction: I meant to say that "...when I click on Set, the program does not save the information...."
  • Well ....

Since I've gotten no product support here, I have e-mailed my registration problem to unices@bitdefender.com. If I can't get the product registered, and hence, usable, by Friday, then I'll have to abandon BitDefender and use Avast!, instead!

• Hi Fender Strat,

Sorry for the delay. Try to enter your key in the configuration file '/opt/BitDefender-scanner/etc/bdscan.conf' in the section 'Key= '. Let me know if this works.

Thank you!

• Hi Fender Strat,

Sorry for the delay. Try to enter your key in the configuration file '/opt/BitDefender-scanner/etc/bdscan.conf' in the section 'Key= '. Let me know if this works.

Thank you!

It didn't work. When I went to edit the file, it already had a license key in it. I then replaced it, as you suggested, with the one that BitDefender e-mailed to me. However, under Registration Information, next to Key, it still says unknown. In the GUI, Scanner and Update are still grayed out. And, on the command line, I get this:

BitDefender Antivirus Scanner for Unices v7.90123 Linux-amd64

Copyright © 1996-2009 BitDefender. All rights reserved.

This program is licensed for home or personal use only.

Usage in an office or production environment represents

a violation of the license terms

Infected file action: ignore

Suspected file action: ignore

Error: core loading failed

• Hellooo? Anybody home?
  • Unknown
    Options

Hello,

I have passed your request to my colleagues from the Unix Team. They will continue troubleshooting the issue you encounter via email.

Kind regards,

• Unknown
    Options

Hello Fender Strat,

Please apologize for delay, you have two options

1) Allow the program stack from being executable:

Run as root:

chcon -t execmem_exec_t '/opt/BitDefender-scanner/bin/ultool'

2) Disable selinux entirely or set it to permissive:

Edit the file /etc/selinux/config and put "disabled" or "permissive" at SELINUX section

Thank you

• Unknown
    Options

Hello Fender Strat,

Please let us know if the issue is resolved after following the steps above.

Looking forward to your answer!

Regards,

• yubi007
    edited July 2012
    Options

i think you should input the activation code on bdscan.conf , bdscan.conf.dist , and bdscan.conf.save

screenkyk.png

and voila

screenncn.png

selamat mencoba semoga berhasil

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Thank you for the clarification.

Since this is an old topic, I will close it now.

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.