Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Internet Security 2008

Options

I already posted a similar question on the “other forum” and since I did not get a reply I reiterate my questions here.

Yesterday I installed BD Int.Sec.2008 with the initial BD9 pro+serial (no problem there). After updating (how did that happen ?) I could not connect to the internet, BitDefender Agent Application is not working and last but not least got "Smp.Sys.exe" is not working any more(seems to be a Packard Bell file)

Uninstalled the whole thing and put McAfeeVirusScan+ on the computer (did not have any choice, this was the last one in the store !) Did not want to run the risk with even BDAV+10 on the laptop with Vista Home Premium on it.

Another thing : I could not even change the settings for Virus protection : default it was, wanted custom but there too : click and nothing, did not even want to try and search the solution for this one, I think the above was enough for one day.

It is a real pity of these encountered errors, had many probs when going from 9 to 10 as well. I certainly will stay (for now) with the 10 on the puter (Windows XP)and sincerely hope there will be a solution for all the discrepancies in the future.

Still would like a reply as to how long the 10 version will be updated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks.

Regards.

Comments

• Unknown
    edited October 2007
    Options

As you know BD v.9 has some issues with uninstalling. You should have used (may you did but I'm still mentioning this) the removal tool provided by us here. After that follow the natural course of things, reboot install v.2008, reboot again and update. Maybe you should do another reboot after the last update and then see what happens.

If this doesn't help maybe the issue is caused by the firewall and you should try what is described here first.

• Thanks for your reply.

Have BD AV10+ on the computer and I just want to know how long it will be updated !

It's on the laptop (Vista Home Premium) that I tried BDIS 2008 and I'm not prepared to retry this operation which took a whole afternoon. I tried those patches but did not work, even could not shut off the computer other than to hit the on/off button, too much hassle. Installing, rebooting, uninstall etc......

For the moment I'll stick to McAfee !

Norton was pre-installed and this one got uninstalled with no problem (used their own uninstaller).

• Niels
    Options

Hello arleetel

There are still many leftovers when you use the default uninstaller for removing Symantec's Norton products.

You really need to use the specific removal tool. If it was the internet security suite that was preinstalled some parts could conflict with the firewall of BitDefender. Follow my instructions that I made in this topic.

Best regards

Niels

• Hello Niels,

I used the specific tool you mentioned, even checked the version clicked the link you gave me and yep, it's the one.

I also did read about the probs in the forum and quite frankly, I don't want to go through all this again, I prefer to wait until the complains stop, what was I thinking ? Maybe, just maybe it'll not happen to me but it did.

I just hope I can continue to use BDAV10+ on the computer as long as possible, evaluate the McAfee stuff and just see what happens, mind you it's not my favourite AV, but the reviews are not too bad after all.

• Niels
    Options

Hello arleetel

I don't know when it's time to buy a renewal key if you can use that key for the older versions. For the period that your license is valid you will receive updates and you can use it.

Best regards

Niels

• Hello Niels,

Thank you very much for your reply, my license is good until August 2008, time enough to make up my mind and upgrade .... hopefully to a stable and error free BD antivirus software.

Regards.

arleetel.

• Niels
    Options

Hello arleetel

Glad that I could help you. If might upgrade in the future be sure that you use also the mcafee uninstall tool and follow my other suggestions in that topic.

Best regards

Niels