Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Tdameritrade Streaming Is Not Working With Bitdefender Internet Security 2011

Options

Hi,

I installed BIS2011 and now I cannot seem to get TDAmeritrade streaming quotes to work. I've searched the forum but get no ideas.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. :mellow:

Comments

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

You will need to contact TDAmeritrade Support and ask them the IP or range of IPs they use to connect to their streaming quotes servers.

When you have the IPs send me a PM with them and I will provide you with the workaround until a permanent fix will be release via the Automatic Update module in BitDefender.

Please restart the computer in Safe Mode and follow the steps below:

For windows versions prior than vista:

Go to Start, Run.., at the run dialog box type "regedit", press Enter

For vista and Windows 7:

Go to Start, type "regedit" in the windows search text field and press Enter

expand the following keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BitDefender

rightclick on the rightside of the window and select New, then Multi-String value and name it "HttpIPSkip". Doubleclick on the newly created key and paste this text in the Value data:

208.88.144.0/24

Click on OK, close the Registry editor and restart the computer.

Check if the problem will persist.

[How to restart in SAFE MODE With Networking]

- Restart the computer;

- Press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select "SAFE MODE With Networking" in the text menu and press "Enter"

- Wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation message; click "OK" to acknowledge.

IMPORTANT: it would be best to give me the IP as you may need to do certain changes before adding them into the registry key.

Best regards,

• slinson
    Options

Hi DanyDan,

I've added the value to my registry and restarted my computer, but it seems not working. Anyway, thank you all the same!

As you suggested, I've already requested TDAmeritrade to provide the IP range and waiting for their response.

Any other suggestion please let me know!

Thanks!!

Hello,

You will need to contact TDAmeritrade Support and ask them the IP or range of IPs they use to connect to their streaming quotes servers.

When you have the IPs send me a PM with them and I will provide you with the workaround until a permanent fix will be release via the Automatic Update module in BitDefender.

Please restart the computer in Safe Mode and follow the steps below:

For windows versions prior than vista:

Go to Start, Run.., at the run dialog box type "regedit", press Enter

For vista and Windows 7:

Go to Start, type "regedit" in the windows search text field and press Enter

expand the following keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BitDefender

rightclick on the rightside of the window and select New, then Multi-String value and name it "HttpIPSkip". Doubleclick on the newly created key and paste this text in the Value data:

208.88.144.0/24

Click on OK, close the Registry editor and restart the computer.

Check if the problem will persist.

[How to restart in SAFE MODE With Networking]

- Restart the computer;

- Press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select "SAFE MODE With Networking" in the text menu and press "Enter"

- Wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation message; click "OK" to acknowledge.

IMPORTANT: it would be best to give me the IP as you may need to do certain changes before adding them into the registry key.

Best regards,

• slinson
    Options

Hi DanyDan,

I checked the log and found following:

"2011/05/12 11:58:45.865 [bDFW] [FILTER] Blocked packet because of rule 24. Direction: Outbound, Local Address: 192.168.2.3:50075, Remote Address: 65.55.158.118:3544, Protocol: 17, Local Packet: 0, PID: 248, Process: c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe, Cmd. Line: -k netsvcs."

How can I try the address "65.55.158.118" with your method above? I mean, what about the part after '/' ?

Thanks a lot!

Hi DanyDan,

I've added the value to my registry and restarted my computer, but it seems not working. Anyway, thank you all the same!

As you suggested, I've already requested TDAmeritrade to provide the IP range and waiting for their response.

Any other suggestion please let me know!

Thanks!!

• Unknown
    edited May 2011
    Options

Hi,

Slinson did you received my last PM ? you need to add the IPs:

216.105.251.0/24
    204.58.27.0/24

The IP 65.55.158.118 I mentioned is NOT related to your case. That IP was blocked due to a Firewall rule not being properly (correctly) added. The IP is associated with Microsoft Windows Updates and not TDAmeritrade servers :)

I will create a ticket shortly and send you the Windows registry file you need to use to resolve the issue. I will update this post as soon as I finish working on the reg file. A registry file will be provided for the following platforms: TDAmeritrade, Thinkorswim, Scottrade and paperMoney.

If you can wait a little longer, I will send you a registry file that will add the exception automatically, without you manually following the steps.

Update: you can download the .reg file you need to run to resolve the issue you encounter if you Click HERE.

Instructions on how to use the .reg file:

1. Save the attached files to your computer Desktop;

2. Restart your PC in Windows Safe Mode as explained below;

3. Unpack the archive "StockTradeIssue.zip";

4. Run (double click) the file "StockTradeIssue.reg";

5. Click on "Yes" as also shown in the attached screenshot;

6. Restart the PC in normal mode and let us know if the issue is now solved.

[how to start Windows in Safe Mode]

If Windows is the only operating system installed on your computer, start into Windows Safe Mode with these instructions:

* If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power

* Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on.

* Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.

* Ensure that the Safe mode option is selected.

* Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.

* When you are finished with all troubleshooting, close all programs and restart the computer as you normally would.

• dlozier
    Options

I was having the same problem with Bitdefender Total Security with TDAmeritrade Streaming quotes along with trying to use their new platform called Trade Architect. I followed the instructions from Danny and put the following code strings in the registry:

216.105.251.0/24

204.58.27.0/24

TDAmeritrade now appears to be working but it is Saturday and I won't know for sure until we have an active trading day on Monday. I will post any follow-ups if there are any additional problems.

• Unknown
    edited May 2011
    Options

Hello,

I am currently working on a tool, with an Graphical Interface and runnable in Windows Normal Mode, that will help you resolve this issue (it will apply the workaround automatically). The tool will be delivered at the start of the next week along with the instructions on how to use it.

We are also working on a permanent fix that will be delivered via the BitDefender Automatic Update module.

Best regards,

• Hello,

I am currently working on a tool, with an Graphical Interface and runnable in Windows Normal Mode, that will help you resolve this issue (it will apply the workaround automatically). The tool will be delivered at the start of the next week along with the instructions on how to use it.

We are also working on a permanent fix that will be delivered via the BitDefender Automatic Update module.

Best regards,

Hello,

I am also having issues with scottrader. Could you please post a link to the registry fix.

Thanks,

Miguel