Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bit Defender Antivirs Pro 2011 Greyed Out

Options

Every time I try to launch BitDefender I get this error:

Bitdefender encountered problems while processing files below:

C:\Windows\TEMP\bdcD893.tmp

I talked to tech support who could not fix the problem and he said he was escalating to senior tech support and they would email me in 2 days. That was 4 days ago.

I did get a strange folder on my desktop from you "support tool" with no instructions

My system is Windows Vista 32 bit Business Edition

Because I have no virus program working i had to load another program along with ms security essentials. Please help

Regards,

Millard

Comments

• nikki605
    Options

Please post the trouble ticket number here so that BD tech support can reference the information in it. :)

Regards,

• vidman64
    Options

Thanks for responding, never got a trouble ticket, as we got disconnected after he told me that I was being escalated to senior tech support and told .they would get in touch with me by email 4 days ago.

Please post the trouble ticket number here so that BD tech support can reference the information in it. :)

Regards,

• nikki605
    Options

In order to troubleshoot this, you will have to uninstall all other antivirus programs and reinstall BDAV 2011.

Find the corresponding Unistall Tool for whichever a/v product(s) you have installed from the list in this pinned topic, download it and then run it following the on screen instructions. Reboot the PC.

Next, download and run the BD Uninstall Tool to remove any traces of the previous BD install. Reboot the PC when instructed to do so.

Install BDAV Pro and test for the problem. If the problem does occur, follow this procedure to submit the log files to BD tech support for further investigation.

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one. This prevents the supporttools files from being automatically uploaded.

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send a PM (Private Message) with the download link to DanyDan of tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about your PC - exact symptoms, hardware (CPU type/speed, Memory installed, etc.), OS and version, 32-bit or 64-bit, any other security software installed or previously uninstalled. Any other relevant configuration information.

It may take several days for them to analyze the files and respond depending on their workload, so please be patient.

Regards,

• vidman64
    Options

Regards,

Gary, Thanks,,I don't know if this is my 2nd reply, but, the first is not showing up. So, excuse me if this is redundant. I did not get a ticket number, because I disconnected after he told me the problem was escalating to senior techs and they would contact me by email in 2 days, which this is now the 4th day and I have received no communication except this odd folder appearing on my desktop mysterously, that I mentioned previously.

Regards,

Millard

• nikki605
    Options

Yes, your post (#3) is displayed that you did not get a trouble ticket number during the phone call. That is why I replied with instructions in post #4 to try and resolve the issue.

If you open the folder on your desktop, what are the files in it?

Regards,

• vidman64
    Options
    Yes, your post (#3) is displayed that you did not get a trouble ticket number during the phone call. That is why I replied with instructions in post #4 to try and resolve the issue.

If you open the folder on your desktop, what are the files in it?

Regards,

sysdump.html

sysdump.tar

sysdump.txt

Regards,

Millard

• nikki605
    Options

They had you run the sysdump program which may be of help. Follow these steps to submit the sysdump.tar file to BD tech suport for further investigation:

1. Upload the sysdump.tar file to HERE. After uploading, you will be presented with a download link.

2. Send a PM (Private Message) with the download link to DanyDan of tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about your problem symptoms. Also provide any other relevant configuration information.

Depending on their workload, it may take several days for them to respond.

Regards,

• vidman64
    Options
    They had you run the sysdump program which may be of help. Follow these steps to submit the sysdump.tar file to BD tech suport for further investigation:

1. Upload the sysdump.tar file to HERE. After uploading, you will be presented with a download link.

2. Send a PM (Private Message) with the download link to DanyDan of tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about your problem symptoms. Also provide any other relevant configuration information.

Depending on their workload, it may take several days for them to respond.

Regards,

Gary, you have been very generous with your suggestions and time. But it seems I have run into too many roadblock, i.e.,sendspace would not let me download until I pay. I have also found out that my . tar file is corrupt and unable to extract, then finally, when I sent a private message to DanyDan, the message would never sent. I have decided to delete this progam. lose the money I spent on it, and go to another progam that has better tech support. Thanks again for your efforts.

Millard

• Unknown
    edited May 2011
    Options

Hello,

With all due respect but I see no connection between the level of Customer Support and the issues you encountered with Sendspace. The SendSpace website is a free one, 100 % free so I believe you clicked on a banner. In order to upload a file all you need to do is click on the Browse button on the SendSpace website then locate the file you wish to upload.

Second, if the .tar is corrupted, that means that it was not generated correctly. Again, it has nothing related with the level of support provided, it is related exclusively to your PC. All was needed when you have a .tar corrupt file was to generate the file again using the same 'sysdump.exe' tool.

Last but not least, as being the very first having issues in sending me a PM (private message) please tell me what exactly happened. I would like to double check and see if there is nothing wrong on our end. I receive daily 30-50 PMs so I truly can't understand what exactly happened in your case.

I am sorry to see you go without having the issue resolved. Feel free to contact us anytime you have an issue related to BitDefender. I will be more than happy to assist you !

Best regards,