Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Scan Status Screen

Options

I'm currently evaluating BitDefender Antivirus 2011, after several years with another AV tool, Vipre.

The functionality of BD is impressive; I particularly like the ability to define and schedule custom scan types, and to include (or not) scans of mapped network drives.

However, there are some things I am having trouble understanding. One of these is the way the scan status screen seems to disappear, with no obvious way to make it display again. When a scan is launched, there is a screen showing progress - which files are being scanned, # of files per second, estimated time to complete scan, with a nice green progress bar. But this screen seems to disappear for no obvious reason after it is minimised, and I have not found any option or command in BD to make it reappear during the scan. And once the scan status screen has gone, there is no way to know how far the scan has progressed.

Have I missed something ? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• allenlux
    Options

OK, I might have solved this myself.

The icon corresponding to the Scan Status screen was actually present in the Windows 7 system tray, but set to show only when there are notifications, so the rest of the time the icon is hidden. By changing the system tray settings for this icon, it can be made visible throughout the scan.

Good, another plus for BD.

• nikki605
    Options

Welcome to the forum. :)

You are correct. When BD is running a scan, a second icon (this one animated) is placed on the Windows System Tray. Due to the way Microsoft designed the System Tray in Windows 7, this icon is hidden until you click on the "Show hidden icons" arrow.

Once you have all the icons displayed, double-clicking on this second BD icon will open the BD scan progress window. I will typically do this if I am running a scan that I manually started to check it's progress.

Regards,