Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows Home Server Popup Warnings

Options

Hello,

I have several PC's connected to a Windows Home Server v1 all running Windows 7 & BD Internet Security 2011(except the WHS). Everytime I boot any of the PC's I receive several warnings from the WHS: "Windows Firewall is turned Off" then to "Check your Antivirus software" then on to "No Spyware Protection" then finally "Your Home Network is Critical". The good news is that they all eventually clear themselves out. All the BD modules are functioning correctly within the Windows 7/PC except the Firewall section from within the Win7 Security Center.

It indicates that Windows Firewall is OFF and recommends that you set it back to "Default" settings. On the BD side it appears that all is well and the BD Firewall has assumed control which is what I want. I don't know if that has anythying to do with the other issues that follow but it is surely related to the way the Security Center talks to WHS. Besides being annoying, it seems to be harmless. I have looked on Microsoft Forums with no acceptable results so I was hopeing someone here might have some ideas(besides turning off the Security Center completely)

Thanks

Comments

• Unknown
    edited May 2011
    Options

Hello,

Click on START then go to RUN and type: services.msc

Hit OK then locate the Windows service: Security Center. Change the start-up type to: Automatic (Delayed Start). What are the PC details of the computer encountering the issue ? I have encounter this issue when the PC running BitDefender only meets the minimum system requirements. This is due to the fact that the WSC makes a slower connection and check-up of each BitDefender modules so that is why those notification are disappearing on their own.

Are you using a x64 Windows 7 ? Or x86 (32-bits) ? Is the Windows Firewall disabled ?

Please attach a screenshot of the error displayed on the screen saying "Your Home Network is Critical" as I am not sure what exactly are you referring to.