Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]Threat Scanner

Options

From other topics I understand that the treat scanner is updated every so often which is good of course. However in doing so it fails to clean up older versions.

In folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Threat Scanner I get a new folder every day, while the old folders remain there, each of them with 1 file in it (avxdisk.dll). While this remains are not large, over time they will cause an unnecessary pile of rubbish.

I think this should get fixed.

I'm using the latest 2011 version on a newly installed Windows 7 64-bit PC.

post-62576-1306084703_thumb.png

Comments

• nikki605
    Options

I just checked my 2 PCs running BDAV and I see the folders & files you are asking about. However, I don't think these folders & files continue to accumulate. On my Win7 laptop, there are 8 folders and on my WinXP desktop there are 4 folders. I think they get deleted after x days. BD tech support should be able to elaborate.

BDAV has been installed on my 2 PCs for ~a year and if these folders never got deleted, I would be seeing hundreds of them. I don't think it is a concern.

Regards,

• Unknown
    Options

Hello Roebie,

There are signature files for the following components: Antivirus, Antispam, Antiphishing, Parental, Midas, Dbokf.

A signatures folder has the following structure: “Name_xxxxx_yyy”, where Name is the component name, xxxxx represents the signatures ID from the update server (see versions.id), and yyy is the local ID incremented by the process downloader.exe each time it installs a new package of signature files of this type.

The figure below shows an example of such folders (Antivirus_16424_247 and Antivirus_16425_248), where Antivirus is the component name, 16424 and 16425 the IDs from versions.id, 247 and 248 the local IDs. The folder with the greatest local ID is considered to be the current engines folder.

I can assure you that you have no reason to be alarmed. Check the same location in your PC in several days or after few updates performed by BitDefender to see if there are significant changes in folders/files size.

If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime!

post-20064-1306227079_thumb.jpg