Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bddaemon, Memory Hog

Options
ergo1
edited May 2011 in Antivirus

I'm trying out BD 2011 for Mac. My machine's Activity Monitor is showing BDDaemon consistently using 530MB of memory. That's really excessive and I won't purchase a BD license untill BDDamon's memory usage is reduced to a sane level.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options

Hi Ergo,

First of all I would like to welcome you on our Forums!

Second be kindly informed that I have created a ticket on your behalf and escalated your request to my colleagues dealing with BitDefender for Mac issues. Ticket ID: 201105261011445.

You will receive further info via email.

Best regards,

• I'm trying out BD 2011 for Mac. My machine's Activity Monitor is showing BDDaemon consistently using 530MB of memory. That's really excessive and I won't purchase a BD license untill BDDamon's memory usage is reduced to a sane level.

This seems to be a problem with all antivirus programs, but I had hoped for better figures given BitDefender's approach.

Normal from my POV is about 250 MB real/ 355 MB virtual memory with very little running - but I've seen it surpass 1.5 GB after I've used browsers etc. for a while, and it doesn't seem to go down afterward. That's a very big weight to put on even a high-end system, and it's causing me to reconsider whether Bit Defender is really the best long-term solution for me.

For the product managers: memory consumption & performance at load are growing as a discriminator in this space, so finding ways to free unneeded memory and give Bddaemon a smaller footprint on our systems needs to rise on the priority list. Firefox gets this, and has become quite serious about it. You should, too.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

What operating system are you currently running now?

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.