Skype Stop Working.

Hello.

I have installed the BitDefenter Total Security 2011 on my system (windows 7 ultimate) and the Skype program stop working. When a open the program the login screen opens end after type the password que program closes whith an error (a windows message saying "Skype stop working") . How can i resolve the problem and configure the BitDefender to don´t block the program?

Comments

• Hello,

In order to solve the the issue you are dealing with please follow the steps below to add that software to the exceptions list:

1. Open the BitDefender program, select "Options" (from the top right corner) - > select the "Expert View":

2. Select the Antivirus module and then click on Advanced Settings - > the "Exclusions" tab;

3. Turn it On and then click on the plus (+) and browse to the location of the Skype .exe file;

4. Click on OK and make sure that the software is allowed;

5. Restart the computer and please let me know if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

• Hello,

In order to solve the the issue you are dealing with please follow the steps below to add that software to the exceptions list:

1. Open the BitDefender program, select "Options" (from the top right corner) - > select the "Expert View":

2. Select the Antivirus module and then click on Advanced Settings - > the "Exclusions" tab;

3. Turn it On and then click on the plus (+) and browse to the location of the Skype .exe file;

4. Click on OK and make sure that the software is allowed;

5. Restart the computer and please let me know if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Hello, i folowed the steps but is still closing skype.

• Unknown
    edited May 2011

Hello,

Please add a screenshot of the error you receive. You need to upload the JPG file to an online file hosting server such as Sendspace, Rapidshare etc.

Next please disable AVC and IDS and see if the issue persist. If it does, try to disable each module, one by one, to see if the issue will be resolved and to pinpoint which of the modules is causing the issue.

Do you have any other security solutions installed ? Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

[How to create a screen shot]

On Windows, press the Print Screen or Prnt Scrn key on your keyboard, found at the upper right of the keyboard. This key will capture the entire screen. Open up your paint program -click on "Start-> All Programs-> Accessories-> Paint".

In the paint program, select File/New, then Edit/Paste. Then save the file and upload it to one of the above mentioned sites.

Looking forward to your answer!

Kind regards,