Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

File Vault Wont Lock

Options

Most of the time I find that the only way I can lock a bd file vault is by locking in intermediate view because right clicking fails and expert view fails with error reporting that files are open when they are not.

Occasionally (very!) everything works fine.

I see that this lock problem has been a recurring theme over several years but I've always been happy to use Cypherix Cryptainer. However BD support has told me to turn Cypherix off to solve some other BD bug so now I need help.

Comments

• nikki605
    Options

Please don't start a new topic in the Old Topics sub-forum. I have moved your topic to the Others sub-forum where it will receive more visibility. :)

Regards,

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

Can you provide me with a screenshot of the error you receive when you right click to lock the vault ?

What files you have added into the vault ? Can you post the files paths ? Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

• bigler
    Options
    Hello,

Can you provide me with a screenshot of the error you receive when you right click to lock the vault ?

What files you have added into the vault ? Can you post the files paths ? Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

• bigler
    Options
    Hello,

Dumb question Daniel - how to send a PM?post-2614-1306759538_thumb.png

• bigler
    Options

The problem occurs when there are no files at all in the vault so I therefore no file paths.

• nikki605
    Options
    Dumb question Daniel - how to send a PM?

Click on DanyDan's user name and select Send Message, like this:

post-35640-1306768882_thumb.jpg

Regards,

• Unknown
    Options

Actually the issue is with the letter of the vault. You can not choose a letter already assigned. The letter A is used for the floppy disk (even if you do not have one connected to the PC).

Try to change the drive letter into something else (try M-Z for example) and let me know if the issue persist.

• Unknown
    Options

Update: received the logs, will finish the analysis by morning. I'll conduct some tests on my end and let you know in the next 48 hours if I was able to reproduce the issue and the results.

Regards,

• Update: received the logs, will finish the analysis by morning. I'll conduct some tests on my end and let you know in the next 48 hours if I was able to reproduce the issue and the results.

Regards,

DanyDan,

I'm having the same problem as Bugler (with files in the vault and empty) and get the same error message as posted (see sceenshot, except I'm running the German version). I chose Z as the drive. I've deleted and recreated the vault twice but to no avail. I still can't lock it. Also, the files I add to the vault (mainly DOC files and the odd PDF) remain completely visible and executable in the folder they were originally in, so it defeats the object.

Please tell me what info you need to be able to help.

Thanks

basedowbaggie

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

Sorry for the delayed reply.

The situation should be solved by now.

Also, as the new Bitdefender 2012 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2012 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=224&id=42

Thank you.