Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Leaky Firewall In Bitdefender 2011

Options

Having applied firewall rules to block all traffic to/from specific IP's in I believe the correct manner, I find these are totally ineffective, and traffic continues to those IP's

:blink:

Is any action being taken to fix this fault, or is there some hidden setting to enable use of specific rules?

For any query regarding setting used:

Selected firewall->programs->advanced->add rule

then:

apply rule to all programs

network type: all ticked

permission: block

others: as default

then in advanced:

Remote Address: set IP to block

others: as default.

Comments

• Sam234
    Options

Is Bitdeffender no-longer supported, I would'nt have though this was such a problem the solution could not be found?

I note there are default rules that allow all programms on all ip's & ports & all networks, could it be these rules that stop later specific rules working?

I'm also concerned to note that if you add any rules, or remove any default rules, after a reboot those added are deleted & those removed returned!!

How do I stop that? :wacko:

• Unknown
    Options

Hi Sam,

What BitDefender product are you using ? If you have BitDefender Firewall set to 'Allow Known Programs' then the created rule will not be apply IF it refers to a program listed in the Firewall 'Whitelist'.

What BitDefender product are you using ? Right click on the BitDefender icon in the system tray and select "About". Post the product build and the software language (English, Dutch, German, French etc).

Check the following file versions:

- fwal.dll from C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- fwgui.dll from the same location;

I can't answer yet to your last query related to the rules removed / added and cleared upon restarting the PC. Please provide me with the support tool log file so I can have more details about the issue you encounter.

[how to create SupportTool log file]

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

Kind regards,

• Unknown
    Options

Hi,

Still need assistance on this matter Sam ? Try to follow the steps below, add the IP you wish to block and let me know if the IP is now blocked.

1. Open BitDefender and switch it to Expert View;

2. Go to Firewall module;

3. Go to Network tab;

4. Under Network Zones double click on the network adapter you are currently using;

5. In the new window type the IP you wish to block and then select 'Deny';

6. Hit OK and test to see if the IP is now blocked.

Looking forward to your answer!

Kind regards,