Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Will Protect Me Against Modified Malicious Operating Systems?

Options

I recently posted a help topic but this is completly different so i expect individual answers in each topic.

I was wondering if i installed a modified, spyware, malicious operating system windows, linux etc... windows 7 in specific and then i reformatted and installed my original windows 7 genuine operating system will i still have security and privacy issues?

Bitdefender will detect if a current windows 7 that has been modified by a pro hacker?

Comments

• Unknown
    Options

BitDefender will check the behavior of the programs running on your PC using the Active Virus Control. This feature can be found under Antivirus -> Advanced Settings.

Note that this protection is different from the Real Time Protection module and is checking any changes made to your system using a behavioral scan.

If you format the PC then also the BitDefender will be deleted so No, what you ask can never happen. At least not the way you described it.