Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Having Trouble Uninstalling Bitdefender? Solution!

Options

I had been pointed several times to bitdefender's online uninstallation tool. However, when I used it the thing would freeze on the last step, removing remaining registry keys. So it never actually uninstalled the program.

I also used microsoft's "add/remove programs" uninstaller, and the uninstallers that were in the start menu alongside bitdefender, before resorting to the downloadable uninstaller. Nothing was working.

Then I went into bitdefender's binaries directory and found a little binary with the description "uninstaller patch". It seemed to me that this might be a solution to why the uninstaller isn't working right. So I ran it, it took half a second to execute, and then suggested I should reboot.

The problem then was that the shutdown menu has lost the ability to actually log off, shut down, or restart. So I had to use the power button.

However, when I returned to windows, I was able to get the downloaded uninstaller to complete the entire operation, and Bitdefender was no longer detected on my system by any other programs.

So, to anybody who is looking for a way to "completely remove bitdefender", or "completely uninstall bitdefender", or "bitdefender is behaving like a malware", or what have you, and if you've been having trouble, there's the solution.

Nobody on this website, with the company, or ANYWHERE seems to know that there is a patch you might want to run to help the uninstaller work right. Kinda makes you wonder who put it in there if the "professionals" don't know anything about it! So, for posterity, there you have it.