Help Please With Creating Identity Rules

Hello,

I have read the BidDefender on-line help and a little forum information related on how to set up Identity Control Rules. What do you enter for "Rule Name" and "Rule Date" for each "Rule Type" that is selected? I'm simply very confused on what should be put in these fields. Click "Finish" I can handle. :rolleyes: Please don't compromrise any of your security to answer my question. If this question has been answered in this forum that my search did not find...please lead me there too.

Finally, how difficult, and how do you, select Control Rules for e-mail to help eliminate Spam? or nasty websites?

A green GREEN newbie.... thanks for your help

Comments

• Hello Striking_Eagle

You should just give it a usefull name so you know for what purpose the rule is made e.g phone number. The type is necessary to know in which situations the information must be denied for sending except when you make an exception for a certain website. You do this by select the rule and press on exceptions button. Type you should select what is the closest to the kind of information you want to prevent to be send.

For spam you have also to check smtp scanning it is also necessary to check whole words.

Best regards

Niels