Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Any Way To Exclude A Folder?

Options

I am trying out the linux version of bitdefender and would like to scan the entire system, as root. I can do this by specifying / as the path, but there is one folder I would like to exclude from the scanning.

The problem is, that as far as I can tell from the options, it is only possible to exclude extensions, not a folder. Does anyone know of a way to exclude a folder?

One other question: If I create a log, is there any way for it to contain just a summary of the results of the scan? Right now, it has a line for each file scanned. I tried the --no-list option, but that only keeps the files from showing up in the display while the scan is running; the log still contains the list of files. It's not a big problem, since I can turn off the logging and the quarantine folder will show anything that was caught, but it would be nice to have the flexibility.

Comments

• heraus
    Options

I think I have the answer to my own question about excluding folders. A bing.com search found several entries where the writer described how to exclude a folder; but the buttons he was talking about do not exist on the linux version. I guess the developers haven't gotten around to adding the functions to the linux version - poor linux - always at the bottom of the priority list. Understandable, though, and I'm glad that bitdefender went so far as to create a version for linux.

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

There is indeed no option in the graphical version of the scanner to exclude a specific folder from scanning. However, it appears that you are using the bdscand command line tool and here you have tho option to append all the desired directories as arguments to bdscan. For example, if you want to scan the directories in / but to exclude /dev directory you might use this command:

# for i in $(ls /|grep -v "^dev$"); do bdscan your_options_here "$i";done

Also, the logging is not adjustable, hence the lack of possibility to turn off the file scrolling in the log file.

Thank you

• heraus
    Options
    Hello,

There is indeed no option in the graphical version of the scanner to exclude a specific folder from scanning. However, it appears that you are using the bdscand command line tool and here you have tho option to append all the desired directories as arguments to bdscan. ....

Thank you for the reply. That is one heck of a bit of compact code. I did more or less the same thing with a python ******, but the ****** looks like a waste of disk space compared to that code. I'll see if I can get it working.