Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

File Vault

Options

Wow! This is just about the rudest response I've ever seen from "customer service". Having been in the business, I would not have a job if I'd said something like that to a customer.

Quote:

Hello,

You should read the products description more carefully. Is it mentioned that the Internet Security 2011 do NOT contain the File Vault feature as the previous version of the same product, BitDefender Internet Security 2010.

Furthermore please note that it's not always 48 hours that you need to wait for an answer. The average response time is 48 hours, that means that you may receive an answer even in matter of minutes.

A colleague of mine from Sales will contact you shortly with more details about your query.

You may find 2 days a very long time to wait for an answer however, with all due respect, your query is not a considered as a life and death matter therefore I truly believe that you can live without the File Vault for 2 days or less until you get an answer from us.

Last but not least keep in mind that most of our competitors are providing paid Customer Care and the average response time is the same, even longer so I do think that your frustration is unjust.

If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime!

Kind regards,

--------------------

Daniel M.

Unquote.

First, there is NO WARNING in the sales literature for BitDefender 2011 that file vault has been removed (unless you count the fact that all references to the feature have disappeared). It this is not correct, kindly point me to the location of the warning. Second, I specifically asked tech support about this PRIOR to installation and was assured (in writing) that I would have no problems accessing my vault after the upgrade. Third, your snide remarks that this is not an emergency are unfounded. You have NO IDEA what is contained in these files, but suffice it to say, I am totally screwed without this information. Finally, an offer to upgrade to Total Security does nothing to solve my problem. Unless, of course, if Total Security includes access to the file vault. I didn't see any reference to it in the literature.

Simple solution: Give me Internet Security 2010 and a product key so that I can install it and unlock the files, or if it's no longer available, I would think that you have a small application that would allow me to unlock the vault and access my files. Solve my problem and I'll go away. :rolleyes:

Comments

• O.K. I just discovered that the File Vault feature has been moved to Total Security. You'd think somebody along the line would have mentioned that little tidbit. So - Thank you for your kind offer of upgrade. That has restored my access to the vault files. I still think your original reply was extremely rude, but problem solved.

• Hello Kathy,

I am glad I could be of help with this issue. Regarding your experience with our service, I have taken note of the feedback offered here and sent it to the concerned department.

On a personal note, please understand that sometimes when communicating via text, some information may often be misinterpreted. We understood your situation at have come up with an appropriate solution :)

Thank you again for the feedback and have a nice day!

This discussion has been closed.