Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Interactive Antivirus (prompt For Action)

Options

Hello, I have Bitdefender Antivirus Pro 2011 and it deleted some files because it detected them as viruses. So, is it possible for bitdefender to show me a popup window or something like that prompting for action, asking me if I want to delete a virus or move it to quarantine or add it to exclusions when it finds it?

Comments

• nikki605
    edited June 2011
    Options

Welcome to the forum. :)

Yes, you can change how infected files are treated.

Switch to Expert View, then go to the Antivirus tab and click on the Custom Level button. There, you can change how infected files are handled.

See the screen shot below.

post-35640-1308525175_thumb.jpg

Regards,

• Welcome to the forum. :)

Yes, you can change how infected files are treated.

Switch to Expert View, then go to the Antivirus tab and click on the Custom Level button. There, you can change how infected files are handled.

See the screen shot below.

post-35640-1308525175_thumb.jpg

Regards,

Thank you. However, there is no option for choosing the time it finds the threat what to do with it. Because sometimes I want to add it to exclusions and other times I want to delete it.

• Unknown
    edited June 2011
    Options

Hello,

Depends on the type of file and its location, also depends on how exactly was the file detected. Not all files can be moved to quarantine. Some of the threats found must be deleted directly. To provide you with more details I need to know what type of files are you referring to when you mention "I have Bitdefender Antivirus Pro 2011 and it deleted some files".

Regards,

• Hello,

Depends on the type of file and its location, also depends on how exactly was the file detected. Not all files can be moved to quarantine. Some of the threats found must be deleted directly. To provide you with more details I need to know what type of files are you referring to when you mention "I have Bitdefender Antivirus Pro 2011 and it deleted some files".

Regards,

The problem are not the files but why bitdefender deletes them immediately. Cant I have an option not to delete them immediately?

• Unknown
    Options

That is why I am trying to explain Mortis. Some files can't be send to quarantine, you can only delete them. I can't yet provide you with an answer why BitDefender deletes the files until you do not provide me with the files name and extension.

Are the files you are referring to system files ? What was the location of those files when BitDefender deleted them ? Was the delete process part of a scan or triggered by the Real Time Protection when you downloaded these files ?

• Hi DannyDan, I'm new to this forum and sorry if I barge in like this. I think that Mortis19 (and myself, too) wanted to know if there is a way to do an AV scan which provides an option which allows the user to define on a file-by-file basis what to do with an infected file (Do nothing/delete/disinfect/quarantine/ignore etc). The current configuration options only define a single action for all files which BitDefender thinks are infected.

• Unknown
    Options

Hi Manf,

No worries :) that was a clear explanation however I'm sorry to say that no, BitDefender does not have an option that allows you what to do with each file. Moreover, you can however choose the type of action you wish for each file when the scan is complete.

If you have the option set to "Take no action" then, at the end of the scan it will ask you what you wish to do with the files found infected/suspicious.

I would recommend you to modify the Contextual scan option and see if that is closer to what you need. This kind of file-by-file selection is not possible before the scan starts.

Regards,

• coolcool1227
    Options

Add option "prompt for action" in Real Time Protection settings for infected and suspicious files.

• Unknown
    Options

@ONT: Mortis and Manf are not talking about Real Time Protection but about the scan process.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Oh, I misunderstood

• I was talking about real time protection.

• Unknown
    Options

Hi,

The feature you request is not yet available however, it is taken into consideration for the 2012 version.

Kind regards,