Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How Do I Completely Disable Bitdefender?

Options

I use my computer for audio and music and I consistently stream a large number of files from disk (samples and instruments). Before I had BitDefender installed I had no issues but since I did, I'm experiencing some audible artifacts in the form of short sample cut-outs which could be due to some process interfering with the sample streaming.

Obviously my current number one suspect is BitDefender. I've tried using game-mode and disabling its functions one by one, but the problem persists; and trying to kill the "bdagent" in task manager is impossible because "Access is denied".

Is the only way to truly and completely disable BitDefender to uninstall it?

Thanks.

Comments

• AngelZ
    Options

Ok. Having no news, I uninstalled BitDefender and determined that the problem was elsewhere.

However, I would really like to know if there is a way to disable BitDefender completely without uninstalling it. I suspect such information is relevant to the relatively few like me who use their systems to its full potential, and is probably not relevant to the majority of users. I invite the Devs to PM me to discuss this offline if necessary.

Thank you.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Just a hint only

Check this post.