Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

2011 Internet Security Terminating Programs

Options

I use Casper 6.0 for my weekly backup which clones the hard drive. 2010 allowed this program to work whereas 2011 terminates the program just as it's about to complete the back up process.

I get a very brief message that Bitdefender determined that Casper.exe is harmful and the programs terminated. I have tried excluding the whole file where Casper resides as well as temporarily disabling all the the various protections in Bitdefender to no avail.

The only thing that worked was running my backup program in safe mode.

Any ideas on how to get 2011 to work like 2010 for this program?

Comments

• Casper writes to the partition boot record and the master boot record at the completion of the imaging process.

How and where do I tell DB to allow the program Casper.exe to perform these proper functions?

• Looks like I've solved this one!

It was as simple as going into advanced settings and excluding the Casper executable. (I thought this was accomplished in the exclusion tab, were I excluded the whole folder. Apparently, this area only excludes files and folders from the scanning process, where the advanced tab provides exclusion for protection).

I am surprised no one here caught my novice mistake.

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

The two places within BitDefender where you can add exceptions are:

- Antivirus -> Exceptions: will add exceptions from scanning and Real Time Protection module;

- Antivirus -> Advanced Settings -> Exclusions: will add exceptions for AVC / IDS;

If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime!

Best regards,

• Hello,

The two places within BitDefender where you can add exceptions are:

- Antivirus -> Exceptions: will add exceptions from scanning and Real Time Protection module;

- Antivirus -> Advanced Settings -> Exclusions: will add exceptions for AVC / IDS;

If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime!

Best regards,

Daniel,

I had to use the advanced settings tab.

Can you explain the difference between the two? For me adding the exe to - "Antivirus -> Exceptions: (will add exceptions from scanning and Real Time Protection module)"; didn't work.

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

I have added two screenshots for each of the two exclusions. The first one is for adding an exclusion for files to be excluded from Real Time Protection.

The second screenshot is for adding exclusions for AVC / IDS - the Active Virus Control / Intrusion Detection System.

The issue was not resolved when you added the EXE file under Antivirus -> Exclusions (first screenshot) because the issue was NOT because of Real Time Protection. The backup software was blocked due to the modification made by it to your Operating System so the issue is related to AVC therefore the issue is resolved if you add the Casper EXE file to exclusions from the AVC behavioral scanning.

Hope that the info above will clear things for you this time :)

Regards,

post-20064-1310404357_thumb.jpg

post-20064-1310404364_thumb.jpg