Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Full System Scan Not Worcking

Options

I need some help as whenever I try and to do a full system scan it gets just under half way then then it just stop. It says 0 files/second and the current scan operation is "c:programdata/microsoft/search/data/applications/windows/windows.edb" I cant even find that folder and I have no idea how to solve this problem. Please help. :(

Comments

• coolcool1227
    Options

Hi

It is the Search index data base file. Disable Indexing Service and then try to re-run the Full System Scan.

• Unknown
    edited July 2011
    Options

Hi,

I believe that the scan do not stop at that particular indexing file, it is scanning it for a longer period of time considering its size. You can add that particular file as exclusion from scanning and see if the issue persist.

You do not see the folder because you have them set to hidden as being a system folder.

[how to DISPLAY HIDDEN OBJECTS]

- go to your "Control Panel" and open "Folder Options";

- then go to the "View" tab and perform the changes listed below:

* check "Display contents of system folders"

* check "Show hidden files and folders"

* uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types"

* uncheck "Hide protected operating system files"

- click "Apply" and then "OK" to exit.

NOTE: On Microsoft Windows Vista or 7 you will apply the same steps except for selecting "Display contents of system folders".

• I'm sure it's going to depend on the size of the file as DanyDan says. Mine is a little under 74MB. I do NOT have it excluded in BD and I have NEVER seen it get hung up or stop on that file during a scan. Depending on the number of folders/files you are indexing, your file could be quite large. There should be no problem in excluding it.

post-35640-1309828682_thumb.jpg

Regards,