Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Restore From Quarantine Not Working

Options

Hi there,

After a scan, the evaluation version of BD TotalSecurity 2008 found some 8000 .htm files infected with Generic.Virtob.1.xxxxx and let me choose between delete and quarantine. I picked quarantine... and after finding that I really need some of the files moved, I wanted to restore them only to find out that the function restore is not working... same as sending them. Only delete works, after an error message.

So now i'm stuck with 8000 quarantine files in .xml / .bdq pairs and I can't retrieve the info from some of those files. I made a backup of all quarantined files, uninstalled BD11 (who was giving me from time to time a vsserv error), reinstalled BD11, moved the quarantine files to the original location... identical problem.

I uninstalled BD11, reinstalled BD10 trial hoping that BD10 will know how to deal with the quarantined files... but BD10 quarantine files are .quar, not .bdq, and the inside seems different too.

Does anybody have a solution for retrieving the info from .bdq files ? Thanks in advance,

Florin

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello fuchsia

What was the error message that you received? I did a test and I could replace a quarantined file without any problems.

Backup the content of the quarantine folder. Use this uninstall tool Reboot your computer. This will get rid of everything.

Reinstall BitDefender 2008 again. Now place the backup back in the quarantine folder. See if you can replace it.

Otherwise you have to contact support.

All moderators are just volunteers.

Best regards

Niels

• Thank you, Niels, I will try that.

• Niels
    Options

Hello fuchsia

Keep me informed. If you got a solution please post the solution also here so other members can benefit if they have the same problem.

Best regards

Niels