Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Severe Problems

Options

Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum. I joined today to see if other users were experiencing the same problems. I notice that issues of slowdown and other misery have been covered in recent posts and I can see that one thread has been closed. However, I seem to have a very serious combination of all the problems discussed. I upgraded a few months ago to BD 2011 Total Security, I run XP with service pack 3 and have experienced some really irritating bugs with the dashboard not displaying correct info, leaving me wondering if the software is working correctly. This is annoying as I was told to upgrade to 2011 to rectify these very issues that I was having with 2010.

Suddenly three days ago my computer took ages to start up and when it eventually did I couldn't open anything at all, not even the start menu. I too found that vsserv.exe was using over 50% cpu. The first day it took over two hours until I could open anything. Yesterday took even longer and today has been totally miserable. It took three hours to open a browser window to open a support ticket, while trying I kept losing desktop and had to wait ages for it to load again. Curiously the only program that will run is Bitdefender, though it has gone crazy. Scan windows keep popping up even after I close them. The dashboard says that update is disabled but when I go to the update tab the info isn't highlighted so I can't enable it. On another tab it says that updates have been installed. Also on the dashboard it says that I have never run a scan.

Today after 10 hours I still can't open anything including my web-builder software, FTP and other programs that I need to run my business. I can't afford to wait for 48-72 hours for a response from support. I've looked for an uninstaller but can't locate where to download it from. Does anyone know where to access it please? Or will the chronic slowdown mean that I won't be able to download? I'm going to leave my system running overnight so hopefully I'll have a browser working in the morning. It's desperate now. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• nikki605
    edited July 2011
    Options

Welcome to the forum. :)

Since you've subsequently posted in this issue's primary topic in the Update forum, I will go ahead and close this topic.

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.