Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

False Positive That Caused A Problem

Options

Hi all,

I recently installed BitDefender on my PC.

The following occurred. I have Google Chrome vers. 14.0.803.0 (BETA) installed and wanted to uninstall it, then reinstall it.

During the uninstall, the Chrome uninstaller was deemed dangerous by BitDefender's AV, then blocked and deleted. It was not quarantined!

I was left with a half uninstalled Chrome, reinstalling chrome was a disaster.

I then tried disabling real-time protection, I then manually disabled anti-spam, privacy control and the firewall... Still, that didn't stop the Google uninstaller from being disabled/deleted.

Question: Is there a setting that will allow me to stop this from happening, an allow to proceed option ect, an option giving me back more control, before a file is deleted off my system?

The only way I could eventually solve this was by uninstalling BitDefender, then Chrome and reinstalling both again.

It is all running smooth at the moment, I just hope that you can fix this FP issue and help me with my question.

Win7, 64bit, no other AV's or firewalls installed.

Thank you.

Comments

• Unknown
    edited July 2011
    Options

Hello,

During the uninstall, the Chrome uninstaller was deemed dangerous by BitDefender's AV, then blocked and deleted.

How you uninstall Chrome ? From Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel or using a third party software ? I need the exact steps you took so I can try to reproduce the issue.

• Hello,

How you uninstall Chrome ? From Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel or using a third party software ? I need the exact steps you took so I can try to reproduce the issue.

Thanks for the reply.

These steps were taken:

Start >Control Panel > Uninstall a program > Google Chrome

No third party uninstaller was used.

Regards

• Unknown
    Options

Can you please give me a download link for the beta version of Chrome ? Please keep in mind that normally we don't offer support for BitDefender and beta products however, in order to save us some time and have this resolved by the time Google launched the final version, I will escalate it to the respectful department and wait for the analysis results to return.

I will keep you posted via this topic.

• Can you please give me a download link for the beta version of Chrome ? Please keep in mind that normally we don't offer support for BitDefender and beta products however, in order to save us some time and have this resolved by the time Google launched the final version, I will escalate it to the respectful department and wait for the analysis results to return.

I will keep you posted via this topic.

Thank you Daniel,

This is the link: http://www.google.com/landing/chrome/beta/

Regards