Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Problem With Bitdefender Virus Shield Service

Options

Hello,

A few days ago my computer hung during startup (after enter login credentials). When starting in safe-mode I

set the window service "BitDefender Update Server v2" to be started automatically, and I also

set the windows service "BitDefender Virus Shield" to be started manually instead of automatic.

Now my computer starts up fine. However this leaves me with the additional step of manually starting the "BitDefender

Virus Shield", since this seems to be a vital service.

I am not able to set the startup type back to automatic for this service, due to an access denied error. An even if I managed

to do that, I might encounter the startup hanging problem, which triggered me in the first place.

So my question is, how can I put the service "BitDefender Virus Shield" to be started automatic, and do you have a

clue about the hanging probem?

I am running BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011 on a Windows Vista Business 32-bit operating system,

Service Pack 2, 64-bit architecture Dual CPU, 2.40 GHz, 2 GB RAM.

Best regards,

Jakob Bjerre Jensen

Denmark

Comments

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

Please follow the steps below and send me the generated log file:

1. Download this file:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR'

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Include a DETAILED description of the issue you encounter: reproduce the steps you take until the issue occur and, if possible, enclose a screenshot of any error message you receive.

7. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link and one for the topic you started.

Looking forward to your answer!