Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Blocking Qttask.exe

Options

Sometime late last week I noticed that upon starting up my computer, a popup would appear saying that Bitdefender's IDS had blocked QTTask.exe because it had been deemed has malicious. It did if for a couple of days, then quit, only to start doing it again just this morning, except now it's saying it's terminating qttask, not blocking it (I don't know if that really means anything or not). I'm curious to see if this a false positive or if maybe my computer's infected with something? I've tried doing some research and so far I'm stymied. The file appears to be the legit Quicktime file, but if it is, why is BD blocking it?

Comments

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

Welcome on our Forums!

In order to solve the the issue you are dealing with please follow the steps below to add that software to the exceptions list:

1. Open the BitDefender program, select "Options" (from the top right corner) - >select the "Expert View":

2. Select the Antivirus module and then click on Advanced Settings - > the "Exclusions" tab;

3. Click on the plus (+) and browse to the location of the blocked software/game .exe file;

4. Click on OK and make sure that the software is allowed;

5. Restart the computer and please let us know if the issue is solved.

Best regards,