Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Privacy Control - Cookies And Scripts - Sorting/deleting

Options

Using Total Security 2011. With the Privacy settings of cookies and scripts being blocked the list of blocked cookies and scripts builds over time. I currently have over 17,500 blocked cookies and over 700 blocked scripts. If I try to locate a blocked cookie or ****** I can scroll through the lists (takes way too long), or I can sort on the name. If I sort on the name, locate the cookie and click on it I get a different cookie. This is probably due to erroneous coding on the back end dealing with the sort array index, or similar problem. I've explained this before to tech support a while back but nothing has been done about it over the subsequent updates. This really makes the management of blocked cookies and scripts useless, which in turn makes the use of Bitdefender worthless as an aggressive protector of a PC, which I use in programming production and can't afford to have unwanted cookies and scripts on the PC. (Sorry, no cheese with that whine.)

So I figure a work-around would be to just delete all cookies and scripts and be bothered with allowing and disallowing them all again - but at least I can have the desired blocked cookie removed. The problem is (of the many which abide with this program) there's no way on the interface to clear all blocked cookies/scripts. Try to do them one at a time from the interface. The delay is way too long between each deletion.

Now the question is: where on my PC can I find the list of blocked cookies/scripts so I can delete them manually?

Thanks.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

You can edit manually the following files:

- for cookies control you must edit the file cookie.XML from:

C:\Users\<Windows Username>\AppData\Roaming\BitDefender\Desktop\Profiles

- for ****** control you must edit the file ******.XML from the same location above;

If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime!

Kind regards,