Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Quick Scan Running All The Time

Options

I have today renewed my BD Total Security package via a purchased DVD disk. The installation seemed to happen fine, but I noticed that the PC is incredibly slow. Then I noticed that the "quick Scan" function seems to be running continuously (on Anti-virus > virus scan page there is no schedule / run task button and the status is scanning - for over two hours now).

Using Windows 7 / Firefox.

Comments

• nikki605
    edited July 2011
    Options

Welcome to the forum. :)

Check to see if the scan when idle option is selected and uncheck it if it is. This screen shot is from BD Antivirus, so the option may be on a different tab for BD Total Security.

post-35640-1311625615_thumb.jpg

Regards,

• Welcome to the forum. :)

Check to see if the scan when idle option is selected and uncheck it if it is. This screen shot is from BD Antivirus, so the option may be on a different tab for BD Total Security.

Regards,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I get an error message when trying to to the image "idleScan1" but I assume it shows the Anti-Virus > Virus Scan page where there is a box "Performance Optimisation" where you can check to run various scans when the system is idle for a set period. It is, and has been, unchecked but as you can see from this screen grab the Quick Scan is still running. There ought to be a "cancel" button somewhere ..... post-68214-1311665617_thumb.jpg

• stagedoor
    edited July 2011
    Options

Just a note: On both of the .jpg files uploaded on this thread, I get the following error message when trying to look at them:-

"Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available."

Possibly a security measure ??

Also I now see that the 2012 version is launched on Thursday, which may mean that the situation will resolve itself then.

• stagedoor
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Welcome to the forum. :)

Regards,

Sorry to post so prolifically this morning, just that investigations seem to keep throwing up new questions.

I think that quick scan is programmed to auto-run on start-up. I can't see a way to stop this since the "schedule" and "run" buttons vanish when the scan begins, and for some reason the Quick Scan does not seem to finish. Is there an easy way to alter the start-up routine scan?

I have also realised today that BD 2012 is launched on Thursday which, (I assume) will need a new download, and removal of the 2011 product? Maybe the scan problem will get solved then!

edit: Sorry I meant to move the BD2012 bit from the .jpg error message post to here, but have just realised that the edit function on this board disappears !

• I have today renewed my BD Total Security package via a purchased DVD disk. The installation seemed to happen fine, but I noticed that the PC is incredibly slow. Then I noticed that the "quick Scan" function seems to be running continuously (on Anti-virus > virus scan page there is no schedule / run task button and the status is scanning - for over two hours now).

Using Windows 7 / Firefox.

Going back to your opening post, your stated "renewed" which sounds to me like you already had BDTS installed and were just extending your license for another year. But then you say "...via a purchased DVD disk. The installation seemed to happen fine..." which sounds like you did a new install, so I am confused.

Exactly what steps have you taken? Is this a new install of BDTS? Did you have a previous install of BDTS or some other security product? Did you uninstall BD or any other security program and if so by what method? Please list the exact steps you have taken as your problem is beginning to sound like an installation issue.

Regards,

• Going back to your opening post, your stated "renewed" which sounds to me like you already had BDTS installed and were just extending your license for another year. But then you say "...via a purchased DVD disk. The installation seemed to happen fine..." which sounds like you did a new install, so I am confused.

Exactly what steps have you taken? Is this a new install of BDTS? Did you have a previous install of BDTS or some other security product? Did you uninstall BD or any other security program and if so by what method? Please list the exact steps you have taken as your problem is beginning to sound like an installation issue.

Regards,

Hi

Yes I have used BD TS for a year and purchased a new copy to extend that for a 2nd year. I followed the instructions printed on the quick start guide and then on the BD installation wizard, which recognised that BD was already there, but required it to be uninstalled which I did from the installation wizard. Rebooted as instructed and then reinstalled the new BD TS - again using the wizard from the DVD.

I was surprised that it needed the current version to be uninstalled, rather than going to a registration screen to extend the licence, but that seemed to be the rules.

I also installed it on my Laptop (1 year for 3PC's licence) where it replaced Outpost Security Pro, and that has installed without problem, with Quick Scan running normally, although it was not set-up to run on start-up.

Thanks

Unless there is an easy fix, I will probably live with it until Thursday when the new release should arrive - unless you think that is inadvisable?

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

I do believe that the issue you encounter is because of the fact that you installed BitDefender over the first installation. When your license key is about to expire, you simply need to renew it, without reinstalling the product.

I was surprised that it needed the current version to be uninstalled, rather than going to a registration screen to extend the license, but that seemed to be the rules.

- what exactly were the steps you took for that notification to appear on the screen ?

Last but not least, considering the fact that we are launching the new version tomorrow, I would recommend you to wait and install it when available on our website. I strongly believe that the issue you are facing will be resolved upon upgrading.

If you need any further info please reply to this topic.

Best regards,