Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Why Do I Have To Disable "scan Web (http) Traffic" To See Sites?

Options

There are certain sites I visit that come up "This web page has been blocked by BitDefender Antivirus Real-time Protection!", when no other AV program such as AVG, Kaspersky, or Google, etc., blocks them.

However, when I disable "Scan web (HTTP) traffic" in the Antivirus > Custom settings, the sites come up no problem!

Why do I have to disable this function in BD to see these sites??

I have seen BD admins in older forum posts (some going back years at this point) actually suggest this action as a solution to the same exact problem - that's what led me to try it in the first place, and that seems to make no sense to me. Why would we have to give up what seems a key function of the software in order to have things 'working' properly?

Please help. (I am using BD AV Pro 2011)

Thanks,

Jason

Comments

• Hello and welcome on our Forums!

Please post all the sites where you noticed this issue. I will check them and provide you with our answer. Those sites may have an infected ****** attached or can only be a false positive alert.

Regards,

• Hello and welcome on our Forums!

Please post all the sites where you noticed this issue. I will check them and provide you with our answer. Those sites may have an infected ****** attached or can only be a false positive alert.

Regards,

Okay, thanks. Let's start with this one, since I own it... www.lakebunyonyi.net

Site was recently infected but cleaned up and no longer flagged by Google, or blocked by AVG or other programs. It's only BD that continues to prevent viewing of the site and only with "Scan web (HTTP) traffic" enabled.

Another site that BD was blocking recently (last week) was USPS.com!!

Went there trying to track a package and BD would not let me in as long as "Scan web..." was enabled.

Thanks.