Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Not Sure What This Is

Options

After a recent Virus scan I received the following message:

Win32.Worm.Mytob.CC – “disinfection failed” on 1 issue.

Infected: E:\Outlook Data Files\Outlook.pst=>… .exe

Action failed due to the fact that the file is part of an archive

At least twice a day I get the following message:

File C:\System Volume information\_restore{B231B5F9-BA12-4BD0-A47F-238F4C772418}\RP844\A0087189.EXE=}(Quarantine-2)

Name: Trojan.Generic.49490 Detected

Action taken: BLOCKED

Can anyone tell me what this all means!!

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello Neweb

Did BitDefender specified which file was infected with Win32.Worm.Mytob.CC? The reason why you got that message is because no antivirus can open an archive and rebuild it afterwards. That is the case in this situation.

Blocked means that BitDefender denied access to execute a particular file.

Best regards

Niels

• I cant find the file relating to Win32.Worm.Mytob.CC

It did manage to block it ok so I don't think my system was compromised in any way.

As for the other file.

I removed an old Outlook folder (my new folder is on a network drive) and I have not seen the second message all day.

Just not sure what they where.

• Niels
    Options

Hello Neweb

You are correct your system didn't get compromised. BitDefender will deny all access to that file.

If you want to know a description of the infections take a look here. It is possible that you will not find a description of some detected infections but that is due the high amount of new infections the detection is better then just a description.

Best regards

Niels