Features Integration Request

coolcool1227
coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in Feature request

I would like to suggest the following features to be implemented in your esteemed product

1) Should have Backup/ Restore option of Configuration/Settings, which should be prompted durin un-installation/re-installation.

2) Option to create Bootable Rescue CD and USB Drive may be Rescue Mode.

3) System Heal/Repair Module that can scan/detect malware created issue in operating system and browser's settings etc, e.g “no folder options, hidden files not shown, task manager and regedit disabled, browser redirected” etc.

4) Must have small installation footprints.

5) Option to scan “Add/Remove” softwares in so that they can be added to some Trusted Software Zone for AVC/IDS.

6) A separate Module for Command Line Scan.

7) The “Monitor Module” under “Tune-up” can be a replacement for “Windows Task Manager” if it become more enhanced and featured and should also available in the options of Bitdefender Tray Icon.

8) Scan Activity Bar must be available in the new products as it distinguish Bitdefender from its competitors.

9) Option to resize and place antiphishing toolbar anywhere on all the browsers.

10) The suspected files detected by the B-HAVE/Heuristics should not have option for deletion and there should be option for submitting them to your labs for adding their exact detection after the scan completion. This will increase the scan speed next time, since the Exact detection takes lower time than

Heuristic detection and also reduce False Positives Rate.

11) Option to skip any file/folder during any type of scan. This would be helpful while scanning large files.

12) Manually add suspected files to Quarantine for submission, if its detection has not added.

13) Pre-defined Scan Task for “Rootkit Scan” only.

14) Option to import logs from each sub-category in Events Module.

15) Undo option for “Media AutoRun Vulnerability".

16) Safe Run/Sandbox Environment/Virtual Desktop where the user can lunch suspicious applications and websites in an isolated environment and it should automatically prompts users to run suspicious applications in the virtual environment, thus securing the system from the malicious effects.

his Module should be compatible with Windows XP also. Although Bitdefender have Virtual Browsing but it should be improved.

17)

Comments

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011

Continue.....

Kindly also log the infection detected during installation and what action did Bitdefender takes on it.

• Hello,

Lets discuss the requests Omer as I don't understand all of them:

I will need more detailed info on the following requests:

2. Not sure I'm following -> an option to burn a rescue CD or make a USB stick bootable in the interface and to be used to clean the system ?

3. System Heal/Repair Module that can scan/detect malware - the Rescue Mode is doing this. If you are referring to something else please be more specific.

4. Declined;

5. Declined;

6. Declined;

7. Declined;

8. Already escalated;

9. Escalated - Ticket ID: 201108131001901;

10. Declined;

11. Declined;

12. Escalated - Ticket ID: 201108131002148.

13. Declined;

14. Declined;

15. Declined;

16. Declined.

17. Log the infection detected during installation and what action did BitDefender takes on it. Escalated - Ticket ID: 201108131002198.

From now on, please create a topic for each feature request. Also bear in mind that some of your requests can't be taken into consideration for the simple fact that you are asking a way too complicated change of the product architecture. In other words, you are asking for a totally different software.

Thank you for your time and for helping us improve our software!

Best regards,

• @Also bear in mind that some of your requests can't be taken into consideration for the simple fact that you are asking a way too complicated change of the product architecture. In other words, you are asking for a totally different software.

Respected Daniel, many thanks for your detailed reply. I'll try to elaborate my requests but not insist on implementing them and you are right indeed that these require complicated change of the product architecture.

1) What about this?

2) Yes, you are right.

3) I am talking about the system changes or damages made by the malwares. e.g “no folder options, hidden files not shown, task manager and regedit disabled, browser redirected” etc.

Also sent PM for more detail.

• I definitely support #1. The lack of this feature prevents me from upgrading easily, and totally prevents me from debugging Bitdefender, as it is too much of a pain to reset all settings manually, like the excluded folders.

Saving the user-modified settings somewhere could also be used to create restore points for the settings, or at least you can check what setting you modified last if something went wrong.

But I'd be happy even with a minimalist implementation, like a .ini file containing only the changes from the default configuration, or a standard answer file.

• I would like to suggest the following features to be implemented in your esteemed product

1) Should have Backup/ Restore option of Configuration/Settings, which should be prompted durin un-installation/re-installation.

2) Option to create Bootable Rescue CD and USB Drive may be Rescue Mode.

3) System Heal/Repair Module that can scan/detect malware created issue in operating system and browser's settings etc, e.g “no folder options, hidden files not shown, task manager and regedit disabled, browser redirected” etc.

4) Must have small installation footprints.

5) Option to scan “Add/Remove” softwares in so that they can be added to some Trusted Software Zone for AVC/IDS.

6) A separate Module for Command Line Scan.

7) The “Monitor Module” under “Tune-up” can be a replacement for “Windows Task Manager” if it become more enhanced and featured and should also available in the options of Bitdefender Tray Icon.

8) Scan Activity Bar must be available in the new products as it distinguish Bitdefender from its competitors.

9) Option to resize and place antiphishing toolbar anywhere on all the browsers.

10) The suspected files detected by the B-HAVE/Heuristics should not have option for deletion and there should be option for submitting them to your labs for adding their exact detection after the scan completion. This will increase the scan speed next time, since the Exact detection takes lower time than

Heuristic detection and also reduce False Positives Rate.

11) Option to skip any file/folder during any type of scan. This would be helpful while scanning large files.

12) Manually add suspected files to Quarantine for submission, if its detection has not added.

13) Pre-defined Scan Task for “Rootkit Scan” only.

14) Option to import logs from each sub-category in Events Module.

15) Undo option for “Media AutoRun Vulnerability".

16) Safe Run/Sandbox Environment/Virtual Desktop where the user can lunch suspicious applications and websites in an isolated environment and it should automatically prompts users to run suspicious applications in the virtual environment, thus securing the system from the malicious effects.

his Module should be compatible with Windows XP also. Although Bitdefender have Virtual Browsing but it should be improved.

17)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will personally tell something that bitdefender have a very big setup file. So every features added by company have it's own file size & it is added to Bitdefender Antivirus installation setup file. So it automatically increases update file & the result is higher to update the AV & higher size of Av database. SOme feature description is as following:-

1] If this added in Av setup file then the size of av is big

2] Just create A restore point to restore a system if it is not possible then use third-party rescue software.

4] It is not possible because you wants many features in AV so just imagine if this features are added in AV then setup/Installation file is very big

so dont think about small size of setup file.

7] It hangout the AV interface, because task manager is process of windows.

10] The Bitdefender AV is a intelligent synchronization facility to improve the database worldwide. When virus detected then it automatically

submitted to the server .

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi

Sorry for the delayed reply.

The current subject will be closed.

For other request, please create a new topic on the are.

Thank you very much. Have a nice day.

This discussion has been closed.