Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Strange Software Requirements: Bdis 2012

Options
Kaleva
edited August 2011 in Installation

Hi,

I was looking at BDIS system requirements and found a Software requirements section, which content looks quite weird to me:

Internet Explorer 7 and higher

Yahoo Messenger 8.1 and higher

Firefox 3.6 and higher

Thunderbird 3.0.4

Outlook 2007, 2010

Outlook Express and Windows Mail on x86

.Net framework 3

Say, a user uses computer with Open Office software, i.e. there is no Outlook installed on that computer. Also the user might not use some other SW like IE or Yahoo.

Does it mean that such a user won't be able to use BitDefender 2012?

Comments

• yrag
    Options
    Hi,

I was looking at BDIS system requirements and found a Software requirements section, which content looks quite weird to me:

Internet Explorer 7 and higher

Yahoo Messenger 8.1 and higher

Firefox 3.6 and higher

Thunderbird 3.0.4

Outlook 2007, 2010

Outlook Express and Windows Mail on x86

.Net framework 3

Say, a user uses computer with Open Office software, i.e. there is no Outlook installed on that computer. Also the user might not use some other SW like IE or Yahoo.

Does it mean that such a user won't be able to use BitDefender 2012?

No....it's only telling you what it supports.

• No....it's only telling you what it supports.

Well, in this case there should be used something like "Software integration" or "Software compatibility". The word "requirements" is rather misleading.

• Hello,

Certain modules of BitDefender are only compatible with specific software versions. If you use an older version then you may encounter issues in terms of functionality for the associated BitDefender module.

Nevertheless I would like to thank you for your feedback. It will be taken into consideration by the respectful department in charge of these requests.

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.