Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Custom Scan On Time

Options

hello people from bitdefender

is it possible to get the same custum scan that you had in bitdefender 2011

because than i can scan my pc at night and not in the day time when i am using my pc :wacko:

because now i somtime's forget to scan my pc

and when is the dutch version form 2012 comming ?

Comments

• Hello,

Bitdefender protects your computer from all kinds of malware (viruses, Trojans, spyware, rootkits and so on). The protection Bitdefender offers is divided into two categories:

On-access scanning - prevents new malware threats from entering your system. BitDefender will, for example, scan a word document for known threats when you open it, and an e-mail message when you receive one.

On-access scanning ensures real-time protection against malware, being an essential component of any computer security program.

On-demand scanning - allows detecting and removing the malware that already resides in the system. This is the classic scan initiated by the user - you choose what drive, folder or file Bitdefender should scan, and Bitdefender scans it - on-demand.

With Auto Scan turned on, there is hardly any need to manually run scans for malware. Auto Scan will scan your computer over and over again, taking appropriate actions when malware is detected. Auto Scan runs only when enough system resources are available so as not to slow down the computer.

Auto Scan

Auto Scan is a light on-demand scan that silently scans all your data for malware and takes the appropriate actions for any infections found. Auto Scan finds and uses time-slices when system resource usage falls below a certain threshold to perform recurring scans of the entire system.

Benefits of using Auto Scan:

It has close to zero impact on the system.

By pre-scanning the entire hard-disk, future on-demand tasks will be completed extremely fast.

On-access scanning will also take significantly less time.

Regarding your query I am pleased to announce you that we have released the Dutch version of BitDefender 2012. You can find the installers at the link below:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/installer/nl-nl/

If you have any further queries don't hesitate to contact us anytime!

Best regards,

• Chimel
    edited August 2011
    Options

Daniel, the issue is that nobody wants to be forced to run scans manually every 8 days.

We want Bitdefender to restore the scheduled scans, i.e. run them on demand at a specific time or day automatically, as was possible in the previous version, not manually, which is totally unsafe because it will reasonably never get done. Only control freaks like me will run it because of the warnings, and being freaks, they are pished off if they have to do it manually! ^-^

You cannot have on one hand Bitdefender generating orange warnings when the scan has not been run for 8 days, and on the other hand no option to schedule the scan every day or week to prevent these warnings. The two features (controlling that the scan has been run within 8 days and allowing the scan to run every day or week) must work together.

This is a huge regression bug compared to version 2011 reported in the Antivirus section several times already.

It is also totally contradictory with the new supposedly "Auto" pilot, which says all decisions are taken by Auto Pilot for the user, and that should obviously include running on-demand scan since it's required every 8 days.

There is also a total lack of documentation on the difference between Auto Scan and on-demand scanning, so all users naturally assumed that the scope is the same, and that auto scan is the reason why the scheduling was removed. If the 2 types of scans are different, then there was no reason to remove on-demand scan scheduling, which was so useful it was enabled by default in version 2011.

• Daniel, the issue is that nobody wants to be forced to run scans manually every 8 days.

We want Bitdefender to restore the scheduled scans, i.e. run them on demand at a specific time or day automatically, as was possible in the previous version, not manually, which is totally unsafe because it will reasonably never get done. Only control freaks like me will run it because of the warnings, and being freaks, they are pished off if they have to do it manually! ^-^

You cannot have on one hand Bitdefender generating orange warnings when the scan has not been run for 8 days, and on the other hand no option to schedule the scan every day or week to prevent these warnings. The two features (controlling that the scan has been run within 8 days and allowing the scan to run every day or week) must work together.

This is a huge regression bug compared to version 2011 reported in the Antivirus section several times already.

It is also totally contradictory with the new supposedly "Auto" pilot, which says all decisions are taken by Auto Pilot for the user, and that should obviously include running on-demand scan since it's required every 8 days.

There is also a total lack of documentation on the difference between Auto Scan and on-demand scanning, so all users naturally assumed that the scope is the same, and that auto scan is the reason why the scheduling was removed. If the 2 types of scans are different, then there was no reason to remove on-demand scan scheduling, which was so useful it was enabled by default in version 2011.

I just realized this issue myself and I am mad at myself for purchasing this software.

• Hello,

You guys are missing the point here. The new scan technology makes the scheduled scans useless. The documentation exists, you just have to read both offline manual and the User Guide to find the information you need.

This was discussed in several topics where each time we explained the difference between the types of scans. Furthermore, a request was escalated to the Devel. Team to add a schedule option.

One interesting point of view that I totally agree with and I will pass it over is:

Regards,

• Oh, that's mine! ^-^ Yep, if the scheduled scans are indeed useless, BDAV should not request to run one manually every 8 days.

Apparently the automatic scans do not behave the same way as the manual scans: They ignore the exclusion list, for instance, as reported in other threads, although that seems to be a bug. I don't know if it has been fixed already.

This also adds to the impression that the manual scans were different and required.

The lack of visual indicator when the automatic scan is running or percentage of the system scanned or any form of scan log is also disturbing. Most users would want to see some confirmation from the anti-virus software that their system is protected, not just trust the Bitdefender documentation that says so. There's only one other thing that people ask us to believe in sheer faith without proof, and I believe He does not exist... ^-^

I have been back on BDAV 2011 for 2 weeks now, but I'd prefer to be on BDAV 2012 if all the scan and toolbar issues are fixed, because BDAV 2011 has its share of bugs too.

• Apparently the automatic scans do not behave the same way as the manual scans: They ignore the exclusion list, for instance, as reported in other threads, although that seems to be a bug. I don't know if it has been fixed already.

No, not yet. It is on the Devs "to-do" list. ;)

Regards,

• Cool, thanks for the update, Gary.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi

Thank you for your feedback.

I am waiting for an answer from our Dev team. If this will be implemented in our product, it will be delivered via automatic update with no user intervention.

Thank you.

• Hi, I too, miss the ability to schedule a custom scan in the new BitDefender 2012. It's annoying when I keep recieving "some issues require your attention" and it's the same old "your PC was scanned 8 days ago.." or "your PC was scanned 12 days ago" - I never had to worry about this with bd2011.

I just wanted to let y'all know that there are more of us that appreciated that feature and miss it in the current version. Thanks for escalating it to the dev team's attention.

Thanks!

Ed

• Or even much better, have the auto scan work just like the normal scans, and pause automatically when the computer is in use (mouse/keyboard usage, but also network connection like Remote Desktop or while playing a movie without mouse activity) so we don't have to schedule a scan ever, which I think was the original intention. It's just the implementation that wasn't up to expectations.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

Thank you for you feedback.

There's an interesting discussion about this subject here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29876

The Auto Scan feature was introduces so you don't have to scan your machine.

The issue with "your PC was scanned 12 days ago" was fixed in 15.0.33.1409.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=124814

Have a nice day.