Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Customer Support That Works

Options

I have just, via the customer support page on the BitDefender website (since "chat" was unavailable) posted a simple question regarding the updating of the Total Security 2012 package. I have received the following auto-mated reply:-

/quote

In order to improve our response time to our customers, we have implemented a new and improved online support contact form. To access this form, please visit http://www.bitdefender.com/site/contact/1/. You will see that the department 'Support' is already selected, so all you need to do is select the product that you use. Based upon your selection criteria, you will be automatically redirected to the corresponding contact form.

In addition to contacting support, you can find answers and solutions to common questions and issues in our online knowledge base, available at http://www.bitdefender.com/help.

Please be aware that the support@bitdefender.com email address is no longer in use, and emails sent to this address will not be answered. Please use our online contact form to contact our support team.

Thank you for your support.

BitDefender Customer Care Team

/unquote

So now I have to start again? This is your own website over which you are [supposed] to have control. Why is the new and improved [?] support not immediately accessed from the "My BitDefender" form?

It is no wonder that BitDefender falls down in reviews of its Customer Support. Apparently there is none!

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Please note that "support@bitdefender.com" is no longer available.

"Please be aware that the support@bitdefender.com email address is no longer in use, and emails sent to this address will not be answered. Please use our online contact form to contact our support team."

It's a lot easier to complete the site form and provide us all the details from the beginning.

Thank you for your feedback. Have a nice day.

• Sorry for the delayed reply.

Delayed??? That was two and a half months.

I installed 2012 and it completely stuffed my system.

If I turn my firewall on at all I get no email through and cannot access any web sites.

If I turn it off it all goes back to normal - but unprotected.

BD 2011 worked fine in this regard.

It only changed when I upgraded.

So if I want to go online I have to do so with my online protection turned off.

Swell.

I have been trying to get even one single technical response back from Bitdefender for more than 1 month now.

All I get is automated responses telling me how super quick they will get back to me.

So I tried the live chat.

It took trying over several days just to get through at all and then the guy would only respond about once every 10 minutes.

So I would be typing "Hellooooo....hellooooooo???? Is anybody there????" for 10 minutes and then he would finally write "Yes. I'm here".

Then he tells me that I need to be patient because they have him tending to more than 5 online clients at a time.

Well....I only have my break time at work to do this, as my computer at home has been stuffed by Bitdefender...and after a half hour lunch break I still hadn't managed to even communicate the nature of the problem to the "Live Chat" much less start to solve my problem.

And I told the guy I had to go back to work and asked the guy to write back to me...but he didn't, even though Bitdefender has as many contact details for me as the tax office does.

So, judging by this thread, the only 'Customer Care' that Bitdefender has in place is a person to write back to you after 2 and a half months and apologize for not writing back to you.

Is this correct?

Oh, and there is also the automated mail-out service that gives you lots and lots of Customer Support Ticket numbers to collect.

It's a shame when a company neglects its most valuable resource...long term customers.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

Do you have a ticket ID created in the system? Could you please post it here?

We recommend you to make sure the Firewall settings are allowing the PC communication with the internet as follows:

- open Bitdefender, go to Firewall panel and make sure it is turned on

- click on "Network details" and locate the adapter. It is either Local Area Connection if the device is connected by cable or Wireless Area connection if it is a wireless device

- for this particular adapter please set

*Network type to Trusted

* Stealth mode to Off

* Generic to Yes

and click Close.

Thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.

Have a nice day.