Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[duplicate]Further Expand On "bitdefender Privacy Toolbar Enabled Automatically"

Options

The toolbar itself didn't bug me at all to begin with, however, I recently upgraded my internet to a higher speed, I had some upload speed "problem". Had some guy from the ISP to check it out, and there was nothing wrong on his computer. So after he went, I investigated further with this and after many test, I identify it is a problem with this "buggy" toolbar.

The ONLY thing that affected my upload speed IS NOT the options within the toolbar (turning them on & off), is not whether the tollbar is showing or not (turning it on & off at the privacy option screen), but it is actually the Toolbar being ON (as the top post pointed out "enbaled automatically")! On speed testing sites, my ping is the first major difference, with the toolbar off, it is 3ms with it on it can goes from anything above 150 to 400ms. The upload speed goes from 60-70mbps to 15mpbs, which is a major difference.

To be honest, on automactically wouldn't be a problem for me, if it doesn't have any effects on my internet experience. Because if I choose to turn the toolbar off (still showing), but select the options in the toolbar back on manually via the Bitdefender option screens, my ping would still be 3ms and the upload speed can still be 60-70mbps.

There is something actually very wrong with the toolbar itself rather then the options themselves from what I can observe. So hopefully along with the "enabled automactically problem" you can also solve whatever it is that is affecting the ping and upload!!! I'm sure I'm not the only one!!!

Comments

• Unknown
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hello,

Indeed you are not the only one dealing with this issue. You mention two issues (ping issue and auto re-enable of the antiphishing toolbar). Both were already escalated for resolution.

I am sorry for this inconvenience, rest assure that we are working around the clock to resolve the issues mentioned above in the shortest time possible.

When the update will be release I will post it in the Update forum section, under Product Updates pinned topic.

You can read a possible workaround below:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry117750

I will close the topic as duplicate considering the fact that the issues were already reported and escalated to the Dev. Team.

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.