Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Need Help Regarding "network Details"

Options
ajay.navgire
edited August 2011 in Firewall

I've been using Bitdefender Total Security 2012. Im not able to understand,what should be the right settings for me in "Local Area Connection" (Firewall). I mean the "Network Type", "Stealth Mode", "Generic".

Please tell me the proper option for me...

Comments

• Unknown
    edited September 2011
    Options

Hello,

Configuring network connection settings

To view and edit the network connection settings, follow these steps:

- Open the Bitdefender window.

- Go to the Firewall panel.

- Click Network Details.

A new window will appear. The graph at the top of the window shows real-time information regarding incoming and outgoing traffic.

Below the graph, the following information is displayed for each network connection.

- Network Type - the type of network your computer is connected to. Bitdefender applies a basic set of firewall settings depending on the type of network you are connected to.

You can change the type by opening the Network Type drop-down menu and selecting one of the available types from the list.

- Stealth Mode - whether you can be detected by other computers.

To configure the Stealth Mode, click the arrow from the Stealth Mode column and select the desired option

- Generic - whether generic rules are applied to this connection.

If the IP address of a network adapter is changed, Bitdefender modifies the network type accordingly. If you want to keep the same type, click the arrow from the Generic column and select Yes.

I would recommend you to read the help articles stored on your PC at:

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2012\support\offlinemanual\html

post-20064-1315577797_thumb.jpg