Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Active Virus Control

Options

Hi, newbie with a problem.

I installed Bitdefender Internet Security 2011 on my wife's Laptop and when trying to connect to the web get the following message:

"chrome.exe has been terminated because it was deemed harmful by Active Virus Control". The same applies for IExplorer.

OS - Vista Home

The system is updated:

Virus signatures: 8984996

Engine Version : 7.38841

Last Checked : 8/29/2011 11:01:42pm

I have been using Bitdefender for the past 4 years and usually when I had a tech problem I used Liveassistance and was usually helped immediately, now I get a stupid auto reply e-mail.

Jet mad

Comments

• Hi Jet,

I took ownership of your ticket you had with us with ID: 201108301000948. Sent you instructions on how to resolve the issue you encounter. If the issue still persist please reply to my email and let me know. If the issue is resolved please post here the ticket ID and the confirmation so we can successfully close both the ticket and the topic.

Kind regards,

• Hi Jet,

I took ownership of your ticket you had with us with ID: 201108301000948. Sent you instructions on how to resolve the issue you encounter. If the issue still persist please reply to my email and let me know. If the issue is resolved please post here the ticket ID and the confirmation so we can successfully close both the ticket and the topic.

Kind regards,

Danny,

I followed the instructions, downloaded the link and when I install the program it hangs and do not respond.

Wikus