Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[duplicate]New Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 User

Options

Hello,

I just purchased the BitDefender Internet Security 2012. I came to the forum and read a lot of the postings and was quite surprised to read about all the problems and negativity from some of the people. So far I like it. I had no problem downloading it and installing it. All of my computer specs are listed below. I used to use Grisoft's AVG but I decided to move on and I saw that BitDefender 2011 version was listed No 1 in Consumer Reports. I do have some comments and questions.

* SafeGo - I was going to try it until I saw it wanted access to my Facebook account even when I was not around. This I did not like. It was going to post to my friend's walls without me being aware as well. Once I saw this, I prevented it from having access to my Facebook account and I will not be using it. If the folks at BitDefender can find a way to protect my Facebook account without doing these 2 things then I will consider using it in the future but right now that is way to invasive for me.

* Auto Pilot - I am not using this. I made some custom settings. I watch some of the video tutorials and read the help files. I did not find setting up the program difficult at all. I was very surprised by what some people said about it. It was quite easy to configure.

* Auto Update - For some reason, I can't get it to stay on. It stays on while the computer is running, but when I shut it off and then turned it on this morning the Auto Update was now turned off. Confused, I am. I have it set on Silent Update, BUT I do not have the P2P update system or Distribute BitDefender files turned on. It should still do an Auto Update shouldn't it?

* Resource Heavy - My computer does take longer to boot up and after yesterday's update something funky happened today. My desktop froze for almost 1 minute during boot up. This was after going into Windows and waiting for all the icons to load, it just stopped. This never happened with AVG. I keep on top of things with my computer. I don't run any crap stuff in my start up. I keep my registry clean. I use MSConfig and make sure nothing is running in my startup that does not need to. As you can see from my specs below, my machine is fairly quick.

Overall, I am pretty pleased so far with the program so if you have so input about my comments above I would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks

Jim

Comments

This discussion has been closed.