Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Disable Firewall (no Vga, Remote Desktop)

Options

Hi,

I'm install BitDefender on a device that doesn't have a VGA card connected to its motherboard. I was using Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection to install it. Now, I'm unable to connect to it. Apparently, BitDefender is blocking the port, which I believe is kind of stupid since I was using it while installing the application (infact, the last screen available of the installation process was at 49%) .

I would like to disable the firewall for now. Is it possible to do such operation from a command prompt or something I can following blindly using only a keyboard such as visiting the Control Panel?

Thanks in advanced

Comments

• Hello,

I can provide you with the steps you need to follow to uninstall the Firewall driver however I believe that Bitdefender was not installed correctly on that machine. Also I would need more info on how exactly you connect to that PC: when you mention "doesn't have a VGA card connected to its motherboard" ? That the PC in question does not have a monitor connected?

I was trying to figure it out how exactly you send commands to that PC without a VGA card: are you simply using keyboard shortcuts to open command prompt and type commands? Still, how do you start a PC without a video card present?

What happens when you try to connect now to that PC?

• Hey Daniel,

I connect to this PC using Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection. By no VGA, I mean no graphic card is installed. On POST, the BIOS will detect that the graphic card is missing and signal the 4 beeps, but after few seconds, it will POST correctly. I know this feature is available on Asus motherboard, not sure about other (I does not have an onboard graphic card).

Yes, after installing Bitdefender I had to use command prompt and route the output to a network drive for me to check. In this way, I managed to uninstall BitDefender completely using the uninstall tool ( using the tab-tab-tab-space :) after running the tool ).

The port 3389 was being filtered as I try a port scan on that port and nmap reported as filtered.

• Unknown
    edited October 2011
    Options

Hello,

What Windows are you using? I have added the steps you need to follow to manually remove the Bitdefender Firewall. I hope that's what you need :)

Windows XP:

*stop vsserv

snetcfg.exe -u sw_BdfNdisf

*driverctrl.exe -uninstall bdftdif

*reboot

Windows Vista:

*stop vsserv

snetcfg.exe -u sw_BdfNdisf6

*driverctrl.exe -uninstall bdftdif

*reboot

Win7:

*stop vsserv

snetcfg.exe -u sw_BdfNdisf6

*driverctrl.exe -unload bdfwfpf

*driverctrl.exe -uninstall bdfwfpf

NOTE:

- you should follow the steps above in Windows Safe Mode as the files and drivers are protected in normal mode;

- if you boot in Windows Safe mode then the first command (*stop vsserv) can be skipped;

- the file driverctrl.exe is located in: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Firewall;

If you need any further information please let me know.

Kind regards,