Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Hackshield Games Crash With Bitdefender 2012

Options

I know this topic has already been issued on yet no measurements has been taken.

Since I began using BitDefender 2012 (which was about 2 weeks ago), none of the games which uses Hackshield (an anti-hacking program) are able to run. It will load for a little and then show up with an error saying that an error has occured, try and turn off your antivirus/firewall. I suspect that the firewall of BitDefender 2012 is the cause of this problem because I have scanned the whole file of the game and no malicious malware had been detected. Yet when I use the "Game Mode" button it does nothing.

When I was using BitDefender 2011, none of these problems occured. If it did, all I simply had to do was to turn on Game Mode and the problems were resolved.

The game I was running is called Maplestory by the company Nexon. All the Nexon games use Hackshield so basically none of the games work. I was hoping one of the BitDefender technical staff members can check on the firewall module coded into BitDefender 2012 and see if it's actually compatible with the Hackshield programs.

Thanks~

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=119338

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you!

• Hi Zatoichi,

Can you also provide us with more info about the Nexon games? Include a download link, the steps you take for the issue to occur along with any other info you may find useful. As soon as I will have all the details I will escalate the issue for resolution to the respectful department.

Best regards,