Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Quick Question: Can You Complete Turn Off Bd ?

Options

Hi,

I have various problem with iTunes due to BD,

Biggest problem is that i cant make a backup of my ipod, so this means i cant update my ipod to IOS 5.0

If i could BD off, i would probs be able to update my ipod

Thnx in advance

Comments

• Hi Jon,

What exactly happens when you try to backup the iPod settings? Any error message? Which of the programs crashes or causing issues ? The iPod one or Bitdefender?

Try the following and let me know if the issue is resolved:

1. Please follow the steps below to add the software blocked by AVC into exclusions list:

Open BitDefender, go to "Settings" -> "Antivirus" tab -> "Exclusions" and click on "Excluded processes". Click on the "Add" button to add the EXE file in question so it won't be scanned/blocked by AVC. Restart the PC again to see if the issue still occur.

2. Rename AVC3.sys and AVCHV.sys from C:\Windows\System32\drivers in Safe Mode AFTER you disable the Product updates within BitDefender. To disable the product updates follow the steps below:

- from avc3.sys into avc3.old;

- from avchv.sys into avchv.old;

[how to disable Bitdefender product updates]:

1. Locate the file:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2012\update_components.xml

2. Open the file with Notepad and modify the following line:

<Product enabled="1" name="00010004000500010001000600050001" type="0" id="-1">

Basically you will modify the "1" into "0".

3. Save the file (overwrite the original XML file);

4. Restart the PC in normal mode.

5. Let me know if the issue is now resolved.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hi Danny,

First of all, always when i open iTunes I get ALL the pop-up screens like its the first time i use iTunes.

I always click 'don't show again', but it's there everytime.

It always forgets my setting al well (Equalizer, Apple ID,...)

For the Ipod

Most of the times i get an error message of Itunes saying that they couldnt save my backup on my pc.

I dont think any program crashes...

1. I did that already a long time ago, i added Itunes.exe to the list, but i didnt changed anything.

2. Does this have to be done in Save Mode? Because i dont really now how to do that :P

Regards Jon

• Hello,

Jon I would rather perform a remote to test all issues. If that's OK with you, please send me a PM with the Teamviewer credentials, your phone number and a convenient time/date when I can reach you.

Regards,