Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdtl.dll

Options
mcj008
edited November 2011 in General

Hi, this file is a problem. Everytime I have to rename/delete it in "save mode" because if I don't, I have problems connecting with Firefox in Windows. I need to select in BDIS "prompt before downloading" because with "autoplot" the program installs Bdtl.dll again and the problem is back...

so example: if Bdtl.dll is on my disk, I load Firefox 7.1 and put in a random name in TOP searchbar (I use Google) and press ENTER "waiting for google (infinitly)" it just doesn't show me the links until I select the TOP searchbar again and press ENTER again then Google links show up. I click on some links but again "waiting for Google" I rename in save mode Bdtl.dll and reboot normally, problem gone...

DO I NEED THIS BDTL.DLL FILE ANYWAY???

BTW my antivirus tells me "last scan 4 days ago" when I just scanned 5 min ago...

Thanks

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

Hello

bdtl.dll is used by Bitdefender TrafficLight to scan links over the internet.

Please tell me, do you used Internet Download Manager?

Do you have the latest build installed?

Who told you to rename that file?

Thank you.

• Hello

bdtl.dll is used by Bitdefender TrafficLight to scan links over the internet.

Thank you.

I read that IDM can give problems so I disabled ABI and yes it seems to have fixed it.

Yes

Someone @ Bitdefender told me to rename the file, some day's ago...check "blackscreen" topic ;)

• rootkit
    Options

Welcome back mcj008

Thank you for the feedback.

That was me :D

We are trying to solve this issue.

Since the temporary workaround is solving this issue, we recommend you to leave that file renamed.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter. Have a nice day.

• Welcome back mcj008

Thank you for the feedback.

That was me :D

We are trying to solve this issue.

Since the temporary workaround is solving this issue, we recommend you to leave that file renamed.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter. Have a nice day.

I know it was you, just didn't want to put you in bad licht ;) you're a big help...I can rename the file but then BD wants to download it again, seems ok for now with IDM ABI disabled thanks!!

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

Thank you for your feedback.

Instructions are available here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=125861

When the product update will be released, you will have to revert the changes and the fix will be delivered via Automatic Updates.

Thank you.

• Hi Christi,

it makes no sense to deactivate program features and let the customer itself have to look, when this will be finished ... Please give us a deadline, when the feature is fully implemented und working.

Regards

• rootkit
    Options

Hello Bernd

This solution is temporary (a workaround). I've only disabled the toolbar injection in browser. Don't worry about this, the web shield is still turned on.

For now I can not provide you an ETA, but I think this will be fixed soon.

Thank you for your feedback. Have a great day.

• Hello Bernd

This solution is temporary (a workaround). I've only disabled the toolbar injection in browser. Don't worry about this, the web shield is still turned on.

For now I can not provide you an ETA, but I think this will be fixed soon.

Thank you for your feedback. Have a great day.

Hi, I still have a problem joining a online game (Quake Live) It uses a plugin container for Firefox, when I finally connect, the game is full..!! Do you have any idea what's the cause of this? I'm sure it is someting with BDIS.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

Do you have Firefox 8 installed?

Thank you.

• Hello

Do you have Firefox 8 installed?

Thank you.

yes why? should I uninstall it ?? ;p

• rootkit
    Options

Welcome back.

The answer is no.

Firefox 8 was released last week. Some extensions are not compatible with this version. Please check if that plug-in/extension is compatible with your browser.

Thank you.

• Welcome back.

The answer is no.

Firefox 8 was released last week. Some extensions are not compatible with this version. Please check if that plug-in/extension is compatible with your browser.

Thank you.

My problem excists since I first bought AV2012 about a month ago w/e, so before FF8 was installed, It is always the file Bdtl.dll that gives problems, SLOWNESS...I delete the file again and woops all is fine again..when will this be fixed, it seems it brings down my total internet experience...

• rootkit
    Options

Hi :)

A product update was released. Your build should be 15.0.36.1530(please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=28172

Let me know if the situation is solved. Have a nice day.

This discussion has been closed.