Question About Update

hiii again

umm

today i tried to update but i could not[yesterday same]. maybe server busy?! umm

so i found out on the website of BD . i can download update there. but its weekly so it means every week i can download a file from there right?[newest]

[exactly i don like automatic update or click udpate then wait[ always stop at 11% or 55% i don know why]

and i know they are so busy and i don mind to click and download update every week.

please tell me that i can download update from the web every week?[ and when?? {monday?or???}]

thank so much

Comments

• Updating once a week isn't a good idea, because you won't have signature protection from new viruses for several days.

What's the problem with the automatic update, when is the last time it updated?

• Dear percy1105

weekly are being updated each Friday or Saturday. Which isn't very safe for the reason that bluesprite gave.

Can you please do this open BitDefender press on history click on update and post the day,hour when the latest update was installed? For previous BitDefender versions you have to click on general,events. What product of BitDefender are you using? I mean BitDefender Antivirus,BitDefender Internet Security,BitDefender Antivirus Plus,BitDefender Total Security and which version? I mean 2008,10,9,..

If you are using a separate firewall is livesrv.exe and upgrepl.exe (for the 2008 product line) allowed internet access? The location C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Update Service\livesrv.ewe you have to allow both incoming as outgoing traffic (udp/tcp).

Best regards

Niels

• im using bit defender total security 2008

im opening history

ummm

i think i can guess soemthing... when i update and it updated success but it did not show up[ i mean the board of update status] it always stopped at 55% or 11% [ lots lots of time]

today november 17; i updated 2 times

11/14 3 times

all of them were sucessful . but u know; i clicked update lots lots of time and it always stopped at 55% and 11% so i thought servers were busy . and now ithink something wrong with the board status... it was sucessful but it just stopped at 55% or 11%

and i have a question

why the board status of update is so big?? before; BD 9 it was only small and very fast when i clicked right lick and click update. but BD total it will take me around 3 seconds [ right click- wait] then i can click update. then a big window appear and then update. [i love the way which BD 9 was.]

thank for your help thank 2 bluesprite and neils thank

• Dear percy1105

If an update failed you will see it also when you take a look at the logbook of the updates.

The reason why the updates are so big now is because also product upgrades,fixes are also downloaded together with malware,... rules. In the past only normal updates where downloaded (read virus and spyware definitions).

Best regards

Niels

• thank Neils

and today again; i update[ 18/november]10:21 . i clicked update and it stopped at 55% but after 1 or 2mins i turn off it and open history.i saw: update successful and engine &signatures

umm but it stopped at55% . i don know why.maybe my laptop is ###### >_<

and Niels. i don mean about the updates are so big. i mean the window :D its so big. why don BD team make it smaller ?! :D

thank so much for ur help