Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Installation Glitch

Options

I use to turn off windows defender manually before installing other security software. Bitdefender didn't recognize that defender was already turned off and the installation was struck for more than two hours :blink: . Turning on windows defender so that bitdefender would turn it off during installation solved the issue. I request bitdefender to correctly check the status of windows defender during installation. My OS is Vista 64 bit. Product is Bitdefender Internet Security 2012.

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Hi sm1

Thank you for reporting this. I will investigate this to see what happen on your machine.

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.

• sm1
    Options

Thanks for paying attention to it. I can't generate reports now as I have restored a clean image now. Also I am on limited bandwidth right now. But I can assure you that if I have Windows Defender turned on at the time of installation Bitdefender turns it off automatically and the installation proceeds smoothly. But it doesn't seem to recognize when Windows Defender was already turned off before Bitdefender install and the installation gets stuck at 57%.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

Do you have Service Pack 2(for Vista) installed on that machine? Windows Update is turned on?

Thank you.

• sm1
    Options

Yes I have vista sp2 64 bit home premium. All latest updates are installed. Windows update is set to automatically download and install updates :)

• rootkit
    Options

Welcome back

I can not investigate the current situation without some logs.

Please try to send me the requested information. Thank you.