Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Generic.XPL.ADODB

Options

I've just written a small VBS ****** to get the HTML source of a web page and BitDefender keeps telling me that my own ****** is infected with Generic.XPL.ADODB.57344276

Is there any way I can stop this? The ****** is my own and is fine! :)

Thanks

Mike

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hi lignumangua

You can temporary exclude it from being detected by the realtime protection by opening BitDefender go to antivirus,shield,adjusted level and place first the ****** in a new folder because otherwise if you use exclude path then all the rest wouldn't be scanned. Then press on the option don't scan this path on all levels and add the folder where your ****** is located. So you will not get any messages. Confirm by pressing on ok.

Regards

Niels

• Niels - thanks for the good suggestion. That certainly worked for the main location. However then my background backup system kicked in and BitDefender quarantined it again, this time out of my backup drive! :)

Is BitDefender going to find any local scripts which access the internet and mark them as generic viruses? I wondered if there was a way of marking a file as good - rather than a directory.

• Niels
    Options

Hi lignumagua

Try also to exclude the backup location. If you can. That was gladly done.

For your second question you have to wait till one of BitDefender post a reply here.

Regards

Niels

• Unknown
    Options

Hi lignumagua,

There is a way to make BitDefender see your file as clean if you really need that, but this method is suitable for widely used files that do not change. You can send us the ****** to be marked as clean, but any changes to it will lead to re-detection.

For your personal scripts I suggest the method described above, with the not-scanned directory. You should look from time to time to that directory to see if there are some undesired changes (new files, new code added to the scripts,...) and submit to our lab any suspected file for analysis.

• Thanks for the offer but I'm still working on the ****** so it's very likely to change.

Just lost my latest version of the ****** over night to the quarantine folder (recovered it now) because BitDefender ignored the deselection of the folder and hit it anyway. There are so many different scans and it looks like you have to manually adjust every one for every possible folder. Is there no global 'ignore this folder/file' option?