Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Missing Icon In Tray

Options

I installed a 30 day trial of bitdefender IS 2012 two days ago, I have used Norton for the past 4 years and never had any issues whether on my desktops or laptops, I did notice this morning when I logged onto my laptop that the icon in the bottom tray is now missing, I still have the icon on my desktop which says I am protected and in the green, with the missing tray icon am I still protected completely, where did it go? how do I get it back?

I do not want to go through alot of hoops just to get an icon back that should not have disappeared in the first place, I am one of the millions of customers who want an easy to manage security suite just load it and let the suite work for you, which is why I have always liked Norton.

Issues like this really bother me after only two days, I thought I would try a different suite after using Norton for years, bitdefender was recommended, bur I do not like having to take the time to write emails about problems so early on into the suites service, this is why I first used a trial service and so far I am glad.

Is this missing icon a common problem? how do I fix it, easily?

Comments

• Windows might have hidden it.

Click on the "Show hidden icons" up arrow in the Notification Area, then on "Customize."

Make sure the behavior for "Bitdefender Agent" is "Show icon and notifications."

Bitdefender should preset this setting during installation.

I don't remember if it did in my case, or if I did it manually.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.