Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender And Battlefield 3

Options
Mastermind
edited December 2011 in Others

Hello,

I am severely dissapointed and angry with Bitdefender. On the 25th of October I bought and installed Battlefield 3, just to encounter an awfull problem.

Whenever I am ingame and move my mouse, there is a three to five second input lag. My keyboard is fine.

In the month of November I have spent most of my time trying to find a solution to this problem.

First of I uninstalled, reinstalled and patched my mouse drivers, without any luck.

At this point I thought about what it could be, my graphics card? No, a friend of of mine has the same card and he could run the game fine.

My Windows installation? Possibly. Let's go to the hassle of reinstalling Windows. On my new system I had the same problem all over again. *ARGH*

Then the only thing it could possibly be was my mouse itself. And because I didn't have any other mouse laying around I decided to buy a new one, a good one. €70 down the drain.

All happy with my new mouse I booted up Battlefield 3, just to find out that the problem persists. "What the f....??!!". At this point I was extremely angry and broke my chair by kicking it.

I mean, I just spent a week on trying to find a solution, a week where I could hear all my friends telling me how great the game is, a week in which I messed with Windows, and even completely reinstalled it, A week where I spend €70 in, just to find out that I still have the same problem.

The next week I read my ###### off on different forums. Opinions where mixed on the graphics card I had, the nVidia GeForce 9800GT. So after several heated discussions, cries for help, and angry kicking at the already broken chair (which was another €35 down the drain) I decided to get myself a new graphics card. I mean, if it was the graphics card, it's probably going to **** up new games to, right?

At this point in our space-time continuum I bought the Sapphire HD6950 2GB edition. €235 down the drain.

Just to be sure the nVidia drivers weren't interfering with the ATI drivers I decided to reinstall Windows -again-. After a long wait for my Graphics card to get shipped, and for my Windows and programs to reinstall. (Programs: BitDefender, Steam, Skype, Firefox, Chrome, Pidgin, TeamSpeak, VLC Media Player, Notepad++) the moment of truth finally arrived... let's boot up Battlefield 3!

Guess what happened...

Wrong.

It still did not work properly, I still had an idiotic three to five second mouse input lag. AAAAARGGGHHH! At this point you can imagine me transforming into the incredible hulk, as I just spend €305 on upgrades (and that is not even including the chair) and this son of a... 'cookie'... still wouldn't obey me.

Fine. What could it be then? What was making my life so miserable? About a week later (Note, we are in the 4th week of November now, it's been a month of frustration, money spending and no working Battlefield already) A friend with various IT diploma's pointed out that my HDD might not be fast enough. Strange, but it could be true. I DID buy a performance HDD, but it's already 2 years old and It is running 10 hours a day doing intensive tasks. What do I got to lose....

You guessed that right! More *freaking* money! €80 to be precise.

I bought a SSD and a SSD Mounting Bracket, installed it, and reinstalled Windows *yet* again. I put my Battlefield 3 installation and programs on my SSD, while leaving most of my music, video's and other games on my other HDD.

Guess what happened...

Wrong.

It worked! God had decided to regain faith in my abilities to serve him and blessed me with this miracle. Woohoo!

As a happy Monkey I played Battlefield for four straight days. Owning every twelve year old kid out there.

I decided to take some rest, and went to bed.

The next day I booted up Firefox to surf the web, check my e-mail, watch a.dult video's, you name it. Suddenly I got scared by a huge threatening Window from Windows Firewall, asking me if it should allow Firefox passage trough my glorious TCP connection. Wait... why was Windows Firewall asking this?

Ah, ofcourse, I forgot to install Bitdefender, Ill get on it right away. After a smooth installation of your program I restarted, and booted up Battlefield again to enjoy and abuse the weak minded twelve year old players again. But.... what was this? The problem is back! What the 'pineapple'? How? Who? Where?

After an hour and a half staring at the screen I finally figured out what I changed since the last time I played Battlefield 3... BITDEFENDER!

No matter if I have Bitdefender in game mode or not, the problem would still annoy the crap out of me.

Naturally I tried uninstalling your oh-so-wonderfull Antivirus solution, and the problem was gone!

--

As you can see, Bitdefender gave me a very, very frustrating and expensive month. And for that, I will always be ###### at you.

However I want to continue using Bitdefender because it is rated as one of the best Antivirus solutions out there. And besides, I already paid for it....

Please fix this issue in Bitdefender.

I am using Bitdefender 2011 Internet Security.

My Current PC Specs:

CPU: Core 2 Quad Q6600 - no OC

GFX Card: Sapphire HD6950 2GB Edition

RAM: 8GB DDR3 RAM

(Anything else you need? Please ask.)

Greetings,

Mastermind -Now €385 lighter (still excluding the chair)

While looking into this issue please bear in mind that you took a big gap out of a loyal customers wallet, and took a long and frustrating month of his life, which he will never get back.

Thanks in advance.

Comments