Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]cannot Install Bis 2012 Due To A File Missing Error

Options
MrEvergreen
edited December 2011 in Installation

Good day to BitDefender's staffs.

I was attempting to install BIS 2012 on a Gateway laptop model NV55C with:

Intel Core i3-370M 2.4 Ghz x 4

4 GB DDR3

Windows 7 Home Premium x64

After the installer has done scanning the system, the process halted and an error popped up indicating a missing file in bdav.cab (A screenshot of the error is attached to the post).

I have tried installing using both the downloader and the full installation package, and even cleared all temporary files generated by the installer to have everything done fresh, but the same error keeps coming up.

Hopefully this issue can be resolved soon so that I can install BIS 2012 on the intended system.

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Hi :)

Do you have Service Pack 1 installed on that machine?

Please follow the steps from this KB article:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/How-to-...-issue-887.html

Thank you.

• MrEvergreen
    edited December 2011
    Options

Thank you for your reply, Chris. The machine does have Service Pack 1 installed as well as all other Windows updates, as I forgot to mention.

I have followed the KB article and found out that the installer was indeed being blocked, which was very strange because the file was never downloaded into the system before the SP1 update, and it is being run in administrative privilege with UAC (useless) completely disabled, so it shouldn't have been blocked like that. Regardless, I unblocked the installer, and realized that the block prevented it from downloading everything needed for installation, including bdav.cab. Worse yet, the block made the installer falsely declared that everything has been downloaded, even though it didn't, and kept running into the same missing file error. It only worked after I had once again cleared up its temporary files and forced it to re-download everything.

Thank you once again for your swift reply, and as this issue has been resolved, you should close it as the norm dictated.

• rootkit
    Options

Welcome back :)

I am glad that you managed to solve the current issue.

Since everything is OK now, I declare this topic closed.

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.