Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdeffender Issues

Options
maxpower
edited December 2011 in General

I've been using bit defender for a few weeks now. I have it on a PC, a netbook and a laptop. the issues are on the netbook and laptop, the PC seems fine. The issue is every time windows goes to sleep (when the lid is closed) when I open the computer and it wakes up bitdefender has turned autopilot, antivirus and updates off. Time and again the first thing I have to do when I go to use my computer is mess around with bitdefender and I'm fed up with it. Does anybody know how to fix this or have had the same problems? Or does anybody know how to get my money back? I bought it retail in a store and I don't know where the receipt is. I'm so irritated that I'm almost ready to write off the money I paid and just go get something different.

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Hi :)

Welcome to our forums.

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you. Happy New Year!

• Actually to be more clear the settings change back when the computer comes out of hibernation with W7 x64 (laptop) and x86 netbook. They both do exactly the same thing. I've realized my PC (W7 x64) never goes into hibernation, only my portables. The PC just goes to sleep hence never having this issue. I've seen this issue posted elsewhere.

I mean no offense Christian but downloading a logging tool and then having to post screenshots etc is a pain. You answer almost every post with wanting people to do this. I realize it's a product you believe in but I'm already frustrated with it and I don't mean to spend anymore time with it. I also don't intend to change the way I manage my laptops.

I'll be getting a new security suite in the next couple days and uninstalling bit defender from all three machines. I actually formatted the netbook tonight because the laptop is brand new and I'm giving the netbook to my daughter. So one down two to go.

I guess when you come down to it I don't like the product and I'm done with it I would like my money back as per the 30 day guarantee. Can you just tell me how to get that process started? :)

• Hi I've emailed sales, I've posted here... nothing. I hope that other poster isn't right about how hard it is to get a refund.

Could somebody... anybody please contact me??

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

For further details please check your email (ticket ID: 201201031004907).

Thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.

Take care.

• Just thought I'd follow up.

Because I bought my copy retail they refused my refund. They said I had to deal with the store directly. This is one of the largest retail chains in Canada, Futureshop. They do not accept open software, it says so on the receipt, and their webpage. I tried anyways... and of course no refund. Told Bitdeffender this and suggested they have have no business selling retail in Canada as I don't know any store that accepts open software back. Finaly I was told to scan the receipt and email it to Bitdeffender. Get an email from somebody new telling me I had to deal with the store. They can't issue a refund because they can't access the retailers records. It was a weak excuse.

I was told I can have another license to use whenever I wanted. Does that make sense?? I hated the software and thats why I;m trying for a refund and so they offer me more time to use the software as a compensation! Booo!! I said if they wanted to make it up to me they could give me a 25gig safe folder thingy for the duration of my license. They said sorry you have to purchase that!!

In absolute disgust I stopped all contact with this company at this point. I couldn't take their lame excuses any more! Bitdeffender could have come out of this with me having a somewhat positive attitude. But no I now hate the company. I've told friends not to buy it, I left a negative review on Futureshops website warning people they have no protection if they don't like it. I'm hoping I can prevent at least a few people from buying it. I was so mad I decided I was going to start a new ticket everyday but I just couldn't be bothered.

Well you guys got me for my money. I will never purchase any software from you again, and I would tell anybody who asks how much Bitdeffender and their customer service ######!!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

Welcome back.

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

Thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.

Have a great weekend.

This discussion has been closed.